Praktiker - Athens

Anything and everything about living in (or moving to) Greece which isn't covered in other forums here.

Praktiker - Athens

Postby PB72 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi, can anyone send me a link on google earth for the location of this Athens store in Metamorfossi? The Praktiker website is useless and there maps are even worse. If there is one near to Corinthos then even better. I'm flying out soon and need to get tools to start putting shelves, drapes and shower poles up in the new home.
Thanks
PB72
Metic

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Praktiker - Athens

Postby nimbus » Tue May 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Sorry PB72 cant help out there, but it all sounds frightfully tiresome, fitting shelves and hanging drapes , can't you get the little woman to do all that sort of thing or get a chap in ?

Your user name is interesting, sound like a WW11 bomber…. Care to enlighten :)
"Ability is a poor man's wealth."
nimbus
Oracle

Have thanks: 89 times

Postby KP » Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

nimbus wrote: Your user name is interesting, sound like a WW11 bomber…. Care to enlighten :)

or alternatively we could just guess and make things up.... far more entertaining that way! And who knows, we may even manage to stir up a rumour or two whilst guessing! ........................... :roll:
Yes, you guessed...... I'm bored! :mrgreen:
Regards

All my posts and opinions are to be taken as being presented with tongue firmly in cheek!
KP
Homeric

Have thanks: 97 times

Postby skalarocks » Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Hey, the Praktiker online maps are very cute with little moving blobs showing you how to get there from different directions. What more could you want?!
I believe it would be true to say that it has gone well beyond WHAaaahhh!!!
skalarocks
Argonaut

Postby nimbus » Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 am

PB72 wrote:The Praktiker website is useless and there maps are even worse.

wrote PB 72...

skalarocks wrote:Hey, the Praktiker online maps are very cute with little moving blobs showing you how to get there from different directions. What more could you want?!

wrote skala...

now I am confused ... :wink:
nimbus
Oracle

Postby sjs » Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 am

They are crappy maps on the Praktiker website. However, here's a link to the Google map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 19312&z=16

Which way are you coming from?
sjs
Olympian Admin

Have thanks: 17 times

Postby nikanne » Wed May 20, 2009 3:30 pm

If you are flying in to Athens and going out corinth way the best one is at mantra, this is on the athens corinth motorway about 23 kms outside athens, near to elefsina. Much easier to get to than going into athens. Where ar you living? there might be one even nearer to home??
nikanne
Oracle

Postby PB72 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks sjs that is far more helpful.

Nikanne, the one you mentioned sounds even better. Is it easy to spot from the Highway and navigate to?

Our home is between Kiato and Kato Dominio. We finally had our furniture arrive last October but niether of us have had the time to go back and do the usual odd jobs that are needed when you first move into a new home. The main job being to put in a shower pole to fit the shower head to. The Greeks love affair with holding the shower in the hand is not shared by me.

PB72 are my initials and the year i was born. I'll leave you guesing what my name could be... ic_wink
PB72
Metic

Postby nimbus » Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm

PB72 wrote:PB72 are my initials and the year i was born. I'll leave you guesing what my name could be...

Terrific!! both KP and me just love guessing games ( being early retired old togs we have loads of time on our hands)

I will go first... born lets see 1872 so that makes you 137 years old (how am I doing so far? )

Initials BP!!!! yes I think that I have it... drum roll please! you are Baden Powell the founder of the Boy Scout Movement.

Am I right :P
nimbus
Oracle

Postby KP » Wed May 20, 2009 6:31 pm

No nimbus.... I think you're wrong..... It's all far more devious!

I think that her initials are for Betty Poop and that in order to throw us off track, Betty turned the number from 27, which would make it 1927, which fits in perfectly with Betty Poop.
You just assumed that 'she was a 'he', which is also why she didn't respond to your suggestion that if she were are real man, then she would have had her little lady put up the shelves etc! See, mine all fits! :roll:

Betty is probably one of those dodgy Brits you were speaking of the other day, hiding out in Greece! :mrgreen:

Don't worry Betty..... we won't give you up! Your secret identity is safe with us! Anyway, Nimbus would only worry that if he gave you up, then you might also hand him over! :nod:
Regards

All my posts and opinions are to be taken as being presented with tongue firmly in cheek!
KP
Homeric

Postby nikanne » Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi BP ignore all these old geezers flaffing around!!! I have not been to the praktiker at mantra but I think it will be signposted and it looks easy to get to on the map!! You could always come for a visit to Patra!! only an hour up the road and we have a great praktiker here!!!
nikanne
Oracle

Postby PB72 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 am

nikanne wrote:Hi BP ignore all these old geezers flaffing around!!! I have not been to the praktiker at mantra but I think it will be signposted and it looks easy to get to on the map!! You could always come for a visit to Patra!! only an hour up the road and we have a great praktiker here!!!

Thanks Nikanne. I've managed to locate it on the map (a better one) so it looks like i'll be going there on my way from the airport.

PS - My initials are PB and i'm a bloke. Hence my interest in DIY stores :lol: Think these old geezers should pop back home (blighty) and visit Specsavers... ic_wink
PB72
Metic

Postby skalarocks » Fri May 22, 2009 1:00 am

PB72 wrote:Nikanne, the one you mentioned sounds even better. Is it easy to spot from the Highway and navigate to?

For goodness sake, just follow the moving blobs!!!

http://www.praktiker.gr:80/praktiker-in ... index.html
I believe it would be true to say that it has gone well beyond WHAaaahhh!!!
skalarocks
Argonaut

Postby KP » Fri May 22, 2009 8:15 am

LOL... I love pointless inane threads which can be streached like this to 14 posts! :lol:
Somehow, I think that you're the one who needs to visit specsavers BP27. We're the ones who know how to get to Praktika (were we feeling really flush and wanting to be ripped off with overpriced gear)! :roll: :mrgreen:

By the way..... did you know that we also have a Praktika in Kalamata? :nod: If you come to this one, let me know and we can meet up for an ouzo or two! :mrgreen:
Regards

KP
Homeric

Postby PB72 » Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 am

If i'm ever down that way PK i'll let you know and you can show me your Praktiker stores whilst we are sloshed on Ouzo.
PB72
Metic

Next

Return to General Discussion