tv on android

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Now here’s a chance for KP to get is own back…but probably dayglo will come up with the goods!

Can anybody tell me how to get streaming video (TV feeds) playing on an android tablet (4.4.2 kitkat as on a hudl2). Web searches give a some options such as Dolphin and Puffin browsers and plug ins/add ins but non seem to work for me or give lots of unwanted ads etc. Prefer via Firefox or chrome but not essential any good free app would do also…….

Yes KP I have searched GIH but like you could not find the answer!!

My aim is to watch free feeds of sport (Rugby Union etc.) that I cannot get on terrestrial TV in the UK that work fine on a PC, Flash based I think :retard:

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Kolo,

Try FIRSTROW SPORTS….whilst I am not certain I do not think the stream runs “flash”

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

No chances of getting anything back here kolo! 😯
    You lost me at, “Can anybody tell me how to get streaming video (TV feeds) playing on an android tablet (4.4.2 kitkat as on a hudl2)…..”
    The only bit I understood was ‘Kitkat’, so rushed off to grab one from the fridge, but even eating it I failed to get any inspiration or insight into what you’re on about mate! 😕

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Thanks Grocer, looks a good set of feeds. Unfortunately it tells me I need flash vers 10.1 or greater.

Sorry KP for triggering that chocoholic need, perhaps lollypop would have been a better system?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I am no expert but if it says it needs flash then you need to download a flash player. With my Apple iPad. I have downloaded an app called photon browser which has a lightning bolt that I click and can watch flash content. It didn’t cost much a couple pounds I think but sometimes they have it for free too. Search the app shop for other flash browsers. Being android your choice should be a lot bigger.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

http://mashtips.com/browser-flash-player-android/ found this with a few browsers. I also read somewhere that you can try photon for free but it will have ads, and if you want to remove the ads you can then buy premium one off payment. At least this way you can try to see if it works ok for you.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Don’t start talking about ‘flash’ now kiwi! 😯
    You’ll really get poor kolo all worked up! :mrgreen:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

I’ll get my raincoat……..

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

That mashtips website above is brilliant. I just found a bunch of answers for many of my burning questions. It’s well worth a poke around and to bookmark it.

Maybe when you get that raincoat kolly you could share an image of the resulting flash with us. It’s certain to uplift us :))

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

From those tips trying photon browser. It does play some of the streams for sure such as film on but works a bit wierdly on tablet with bottoms of pages missing and sometimes pages splitting and no way of controlling browser fully…….but I will put up with that for now. Still getting lots of unwanted stuff from the likes of cricfree.sx and others. Do they not know I’m past dating? Similarly it does not seem to like first row. All seems a bit hit and miss with Android, guess Google want you to buy an Android TV computer where they might get income?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

There are some settings you can change on photon. I have the paid one so no ads. Try one of the other ones from that mashtips site. You can always remove them if no good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.