Thank god they woke up.

Forums Nothing to do with Greece Utterly Off Topic Thank god they woke up.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jodevizes 9 months ago.

• Author

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Well it looks like the EU has woken up to the terrible realities of the TTIP deal with France and Germany coming out against it. Let us pray that this is not a smoke screen that gets  a minor re-jig so that they can say they have made ‘important and beneficial’ changes whilst still stitching up all EU citizens.

If Brexit happens, the UK will roll over and sign up, the saps.

Oh, and apparently  all the big financial boys and institutions are getting into gold in a big way.

Maybe it is because the Yanks are now selling cars the way they sold houses which caused the last big disaster.

Time stock up on canned and dry goods and hunker down?

Think I’ll get a fishing rod as well, just in case.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Time stock up on canned and dry goods and hunker down? Think I’ll get a fishing rod as well, just in case.

Read somewhere that German citizens have already been advised to make sure they have ten days worth of bottled water and emergency rations… :scratch:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Jodevizes, I think you’ve got it right, whether by design or as a joke.

Around the beginning of October, I expect gold will soar to record levels, which is why everybody who can, is buying it now!

Watch out at the end of this month (Sept.) when the USA is unable to balance its books and the only way out is the printing of yet more dollars which China will rebel against and are then likely to put the squeeze on the USA, which may well lead to riots in the USA and a massive devaluation of the USD as the overinflated bubble bursts, which will push gold up!

I believe that we are living in ‘interesting times’! :unsure:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

No joke. Platinum is also a good bet but silver is a bit edgy. Although when gold goes through the roof, the ‘poorer’ investors may make the switch.

I see Junker has asked for an investigation into Barossos’ job with Goldmanthief. I guess it will be a whitewash to keep the masses quiet.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Since my post above, only a week ago, things seemed to have already moved on so fast, that I’m now beginning to agree with the more ‘extreme’ analyists who can see a complete collapse of the USA and much of the western world with it, by the end of the year or early in 2017 at the latest!
    I thought it all sounded a bit too ‘extreme’, but seeing what has been going on, only in the last week or two – and I’m not only talking about the terrorist attacks over the last few days in the USA – I’m becoming more convinced that something extreme is afoot!
    I really hope that I’ll be at home in Greece and not in the UK when it all kicks off!
    :negative:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

There are a couple of companies issuing negative bonds which means the investor pays for the company borrowing money. Nuts or what.

There has to be an end to this money-go-round and those with tangible assets will be the winners.

There is so much debt in the world that it cannot remain sustainable, despite countries just printing more and more money.

How long before we toddle off down the road with a wheel barrow full of bank notes to buy a loaf of bread?

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

I suppose that in the end only arrable land is realy worth anything. :unsure:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Yes but arable land with water underneath. Although if Armageddon happens, you better have a few assault rifles to keep the rest from taking it.

Precious metals, art, vintage wine (providing it is genuine), property, classic cars, maybe stamps and other tangible things are things that the smart money is getting into. Maybe shares in manufacturing companies could be a good punt.

Of course many of the above could drop in value in the short term but long term they should increase as they have a rarity value.

Shame I don’t have any money to buy anything.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.