Test Post

Forums Greece is Home Website Test Bed Test Post

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  nimbus 7 years, 11 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #156100

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    test

    GiH Admin

  • #178386

    dm
    Participant
    Neophyte

    Where has the chat box gone? Was it an attempt at shutting KP up? šŸ˜†

  • #178387

    elainetucker
    Participant
    Neophyte

    @dm wrote:

    Where has the chat box gone? Was it an attempt at shutting KP up? šŸ˜†

    The Gallery doesn’t seem to be working either……

  • #178388

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    We updated the forum. They’ll be back soon. When I can get five minutes…

    GiH Admin

  • #178389

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    Why? why what? why did it need updating? šŸ˜•

  • #178384

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    @nimbus wrote:

    Why? why what? why did it need updating? šŸ˜•

    So we can reduce people selling you mobile phones.

    GiH Admin

  • #178385

    Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

    @sjs wrote:

    @nimbus wrote:
    Why? why what? why did it need updating? šŸ˜•

    So we can reduce people selling you mobile phones.

    Yeah.

    Hadn’t you noticed how they always target the feeble minded elderly? šŸ˜ˆ

    Or did you think we all gat that many offers to buy phones? :roll: :roll:

    :unibrow:

  • #178382

    Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

    Personally I’m more into tomtoms for long distance communication.

    8)

  • #178383

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    @Ian wrote:

    Or did you think we all gat that many offers to buy phones? :roll: :roll:

    :unibrow:

    I’m guessing that remark has lost something in translation from your quaint Dutch language šŸ˜‰ l

  • #178390

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    SJS…… I was rather hoping that with your updates and clear out of the site, I would lose the permanent notification that I have ‘2 new messages’, when I don’t have any!
    If you remember, I told you about this some 6 months ago and it never goes below ‘2 new messages’! Can you reset it to ‘no new messages’ please?

  • #178391

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    Are you talking about in your Private Messages folder?

    GiH Admin

  • #178392

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Yup……

    I have the message at the top of this page, between ‘Logout [KP]’ and ‘FAQ’.

    Thank you

  • #178393

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    That means you’ve got 2 private messages still unread. Click on the notice and you can go in and read them!

    GiH Admin

  • #178394

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    No I haven’t got any unread messages in any of my personal message folders! No not one…….. ever……. but I still get told I’ve got 2 messages!

    Been like this around 6 months now!

  • #178395

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    @KP wrote:

    No I haven’t got any unread messages in any of my personal message folders! No not one…….. ever……. but I still get told I’ve got 2 messages!

    Been like this around 6 months now!

    Try deleting ALL the messages in your message folder and see what happens.

    GiH Admin

  • #178396

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Whooo! Don’t know what you did sjs, but I’m at zero again for the first time this year! And I didn’t have to delete anything from my inbox! Thanks very much!
    I’m now justified in having always stood up for you sjs, when all the others said all those awful things about you! I told them that you could be a nice chap!

  • #178397

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    Don’t think that there is any kind way to say this KP … has it ever occurred to you that it was just a technical glitch and that no one had ever actually written to you.

    And SJS it would be most appreciated if you could spare just a few moments of your undoubtedly valuable time to reinstate our disjointed chat facility, for some of the undeniably sad GIH forum members this feature is the highlight of their day :nod: and I do not hesitate to include myself in that category :roll:

  • #178405

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Well that was the problem Nimbus! Every time I logged on, I got all excited seeing the message that I had 2 new private messages! I thought that somebody had actually wanted to send me a nice message! But when I got to the inbox, there was nothing! :(

    Also…… I agree with what you say about the chat box…….. the bit about you being a sad old git anyway! :mrgreen:

  • #178406

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    @KP wrote:

    Also…… I agree with what you say about the chat box…….. the bit about you being a sad old git anyway! :mrgreen:

    Hmmm at this point I am tempted to say “it takes one to know one” but perhaps that is a little too obvious :nod:

  • #178401

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Sorry, I was only agreeing to what you said! :roll: Now I get into trouble for AGREEING with what people say as well? I really can’t win! :roll:

    BTW: You didn’t mention that ‘Maltese Falcon’ was anchored up at Nidri a few days ago! Did you get any pictures? She must be a magnificent sight up close! …….. I hear that she’s for sale for something like 20 million… was she there for you to look her over?

  • #178402

    Domino
    Participant
    Neophyte

    I know this is probably sacrilege to the sailing fraternity but I just hate it the way boats are called she.

    It’s a boat. It is an IT, not a she. :)

  • #178403

    elainetucker
    Participant
    Neophyte

    @KP wrote:

    BTW: You didn’t mention that ‘Maltese Falcon’ was anchored up at Nidri a few days ago! Did you get any pictures? She must be a magnificent sight up close! …….. I hear that she’s for sale for something like 20 million… was she there for you to look her over?

    The Telegraph did an article on 14 June stating that the Maltest Falcon is up for sale at around $61M !!!!!

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/5532506/Maltese-Falcon-61m-yacht-on-sale.html

    1% of that would be nice!!!!!

  • #178404

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @Domino wrote:

    I know this is probably sacrilege to the sailing fraternity but I just hate it the way boats are called she.
    It’s a boat. It is an IT, not a she. :)

    Do you hate it as much that in Greek a chair is a ‘she’….. far more insulting than a ship! :roll: Of course there are lots of other items in the Greek language referred to in the feminine gender! :mrgreen:

    Now…… as for why a ship or a yacht is referred to as a she:

    A ship is called a “she” because…..
    There is always a great deal of bustle around her…..
    There is usually a gang of men around her and climbing all over…..
    She has a waist and stays…..
    It takes a lot of paint to keep her good looking……..
    She shows her topsides and hides her bottom……..
    She can be beautifully decked out………
    She has a mind of her own………
    It takes an experienced man to handle her correctly…….
    Without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable………
    It’s not the initial expense that breaks you, It’s the upkeep!!!……..
    Men know how difficult and expensive she is to keep, but can’t help loving her and would hate to give her up……….
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

  • #178399

    sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

    @KP wrote:

    Do you hate it as much that in Greek a chair is a ‘she’….. far more insulting than a ship! :roll: Of course there are lots of other items in the Greek language referred to in the feminine gender!

    That was moderately amusing for you, KP!

    GiH Admin

  • #178400

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    thank you sjs….. that was the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me! šŸ˜„
    But please don’t go all slushy on me…… there’d be no fun in that! :mrgreen:

  • #178398

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    Yes well thats all very well but when are we going to get the disjointed chat facility back?

    I fully appreciate that its discontinuation is most probably a global problem that undoubtedly started in America and that this absolves SJS from any blame and that he is working tirelessly and listening to people and getting on with the job, but some of us are starting to get withdrawal symptoms šŸ˜‰

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.