Test again

Forums Greece is Home Website Test Bed Test again

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KP 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Having just updated the board, I’m testing it. To see if it works.

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yup…can see it all working

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Good. We were getting about 100 spam registrations per day which I had to delete each morning. Fortunately they didn’t manage to post, but it was a pain anyway.

I added some stuff to (hopefully) stop this.

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Clicked on the ‘View active topics,’ and………wahhhh they’ve all gone. Empty. Cant find the posts…Finito la musica. reb_popo

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Hopefully the doodah which records them has been reset so they’ll show up in a couple of days. If not, let me know and I’ll check it out.

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wow! Impressive, so fast. Don’t you ever sleep? You sitting there watching every move on this thing? Ha…you must be totally bored. 😀

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

@sjs wrote:

Hopefully the doodah which records them has been reset so they’ll show up in a couple of days. If not, let me know and I’ll check it out.

Hello SJS,

I would like to add my words of appreciation for all of the hard work that you put into the smooth running of the board, and would disassociate myself from the unappreciative comments that have been posted on the chat room page, the perpetrators (they know who they are) should be ashamed of themselves, as one of the longest established contributors it saddens me that people can be so unappreciative of your efforts.

However I am sure that will not mind my mentioning that the doodah that you have reset, I presume that it activates the active topics is still not active, perhaps when you get a few spare moments you will have a look at it again, absolutely no hurry and I apologise for being a nuisance.

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Curious, it’s not working yet. The funny thing is that I’ve never, ever used this link. I always do the “view new posts” link when I come on. I found that active topics is too restrictive and I miss some of the more esoteric topics.

Anyway, will check it out when I get the chance. In the meanwhile I would encourage everyone to act in a sycophantic manner towards me when they can. It makes me feel wanted. 😳

GiH Admin

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

@sjs wrote:

I always do the “view new posts” link when I come on. I found that active topics is too restrictive and I miss some of the more esoteric topics.

Do you know I have never thought to do that, in fact I hate to admit it but I can’t say that I have noticed the link before you mentioned it, so yes got to agree it sifts out a lot of the chaff, thanks :nod:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

see another willing customer, SJS :)) , who once shown the error of their ways humbly grovels at you feet……….. (well as much as Nimpoo ever grovels… 😆 )…but gratitude where gratitude is due – even if it is being syncopating or something.. 😳

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I always use the ‘view new posts’ when I come on because it shows the latest posts. The reason we need the view active posts is because when one has read a post in view new posts, it doesn’t come back again unless someone answers, therefore, should one want to comment, the only way to find the list of read posts, is to go to view active posts.

To explain further…say I wanted to post a joke in ‘The Urge’ it won’t come up since that post hasn’t been used lately, so in the interests of using the same labels over and over more often…we need view active posts sjs. Puhlease.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

@nimbus wrote:

………. I would like to add my words of appreciation for all of the hard work that you put into the smooth running of the board, and would disassociate myself from the unappreciative comments that have been posted on the chat room page, the perpetrators (they know who they are) should be ashamed of themselves, as one of the longest established contributors it saddens me that people can be so unappreciative of your efforts……….

Ooooh! I can see a big nose growing all the way from some remote Ionian Island reaching Kalamata! I wonder who can be at the end of that long nose? :roll:
    Careful nimpo, sjs can tell which IP posted on the chat room page without logging in! No pulling the wool over his eyes! Especially as most of us could guess without checking out the IP! :mrgreen:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.