SUZUKI 4 WHEEL DRIVE VITARA FOR SALE

Forums Living in Greece Buy/Sell & Services & Tradesmen SUZUKI 4 WHEEL DRIVE VITARA FOR SALE

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SandT 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

We’re looking to sell our 4 legged donkey which has served us so faithfully for around 10 years now.
    It’s a 5 door and 4 wheel drive 1600cc Suzuki Vitara and had a new engine and new gearbox fitted around one year ago costing nearly 2k Euro and has very, very few miles on it, as we’ve been over in the UK nearly all that time and the car has been parked near the airport in Athens waiting for us!
    Even when we were in Greece over Easter, we drove across in our British car, so we didn’t pick up the Suzuki.

It’s an incredibly reliable and sweet runner, both on and off the road and is very economical to run. It’s never failed an KTEL test (MOT). It has a tow bar and air con, etc… It’s upholstery is in excellent condition and the body is a strange sort of greenie type colour and the body work is in good condition without any dents etc, though the only thing which needs some attention is the paintwork, which is a bit dull as it’s been sat in the sun, so the roof is faded and the bonnet needs some serious polishing or something, as it’s front end was under a tree that shed something or other onto the bonnet during it’s year waiting for us in Athens!
    I’m told that it’s valued somewhere around 3k to 4k Euro…. so make me an offer I can’t refuse around the 3k mark.
    I’m happy to deliver it to Athens, although it’s with us in Kalamata at the moment.
    Drop me a personal message if you’re interested.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Okay, some pedantic type pointed out that technically my Suzi is a 5 door, NOT a 4 door as I described it! :roll:
    Therefore, in order to ensure that the dear soul isn’t unduly stressed at such a mistake and stays awake another night mulling it over and fretting, I’ve edited my previous post and changed it to a 5 door! 😯

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Well that’s a great improvement…one extra door. I would raise the price a tad then :))

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Have you sold it yet?

campogr
    Participant
    Hoplite

Hi,

Is this still available?

What year & how many miles.

I live in Athens so no deliver would be needed

Thanks, Steve

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Campo try sending kp a private message. I haven’t seen him on the site for a wee while. Private messages usually set off an email account which he is more likely to see.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Either way, the ad is fourteen months old. :whistle:

Somehow I have a feeling it won’t be available anymore… :scratch:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oh, sorry all…. I missed this thread, even though I drop in for a look see on GIH every so often…….

Not having been back to Greece for quite a while now, I’ve not bothered about selling the car and it’s still sitting in Athens fully taxed, insured etc and being looked after for me and I have it delivered to the airport whenever I arrive….. So it’s still there and available!

Anybody interested?

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Still waiting for my money and have found out it is going to be a lot less than was originally proposed so I have not been able to move yet.  When I get there I will be interested if it is still available. I cannot believe it has taken so long.

SandT
    Participant
    Hoplite

We are just replacing our Greek car with a newer one after 6 years ownership and this time have to have a Residents’ Licence wehich is taking some time to organise so hoping to resolve before we go back to UK on Saturday!  Last time it was a simple permit from the police confirming we had been or would be here for 3 months & were EU citizens, etc.  Just needed passport & electric bill I recall.  If you are looking to buy, make sure you get this document (or presumably a Greek ID card/passport) well in time as you cannot register the car in your name without it. You’d think the fact that we already have a car which we are selling, are still EU passport holders and have a Greek tax number (AFM) would be enough.  We are not residents as we stay less than 6 months & pay our taxes in the UK, but this year need this document.   And some wonder why Greece is in such a financial mess when they continue to make it harder to spend money here!
    Another point of interest for anyone buying a Greek registered car, you must complete an annual tax return in the year you buy or sell a car (or boat, or house) & prove you brought the money needed into Greece via a bank – to prove you did not earn it here in black economy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.