Split: New GiH Site GOM

Forums Nothing to do with Greece GOM Split: New GiH Site GOM

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Websites used to be easy to set up before the days of ‘Apple this or that’ and ‘Pads’, etc…. I think people should only be allowed to be on the site with big old desktop PC with valves and whatnot…. all these ere new fangled ‘Apple’ thingies which can’t be eaten or given to teacher and these ‘pads’ which can’t be …. well, you know :whistle:   … should be banned! Then life would be so much simpler again and all the problems of Greece would be solved overnight and life would be lovely and rosy once again….. but more importantly, we’d have our forum back to talking about exciting stuff again, rather than all these ‘ipad this’ or ‘apple that’, or ‘handheld isn’t holding my hand’, etc… reb_popo   :negative:

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Like KP I miss the good old days. Rickets and rationing. Going out on a Friday night with 3d in your pocket, getting blind drunk and then having enough change for a new suit and a pork pie with gravy, etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and slums as well. Never did me any harm. And the blitz. And pink on the map.

And who needs the interweb when you had ITMA on the wireless? Kids today, they don’t know what they’re missing.

Etc, etc till I fall out of my bath chair and nurse comes to change me.

GiH Admin

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

GiH Admin

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hello all – I have just joined this site, but had to be helped, as it was very complicated for a person of my advanced age to push buttons in the correct order. I have however managed to change a valve on the machine & also updated the punch cards, so I should be ok…Looking forward to new experiences with you as you seem such fun.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ahhh, a modicum of sanity rears it’s long forgotten head and prevails at last!

Well a big ‘Hallelujah’ to that! ….. can I hear a few ‘Amen’ dear bretheren?

One must admit that SJS’s reminicing brought a tear to my eye and our new bretheren ‘Mavrolouknika’ baring his heart and blackened sausage(?) encouraged my heart that all will be well… It is well with my soul…. reb_bravo

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Fun? Fun? You must have a warped sense of humour Mavro! You will well on here :yahoo:   welcome and I’m sure we will all look forward to your postings p.s. just ignore kp and his mindless flashbacks go the days of old, he’ll be getting out his quill next and wondering why he cannot find the menu :scratch:

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

Ahhh – Fun to me is just to wake up to the smell of my breakfast black pudding & to think of a local Peloponnesus beach, so much like Blackpool !

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ahhh – Fun to me is just to wake up to the smell of my breakfast black pudding & to think of a local Peloponnesus beach, so much like Blackpool !

Excellent! Okay, I’ve just clicked and am pleased to have confirmation of it being a male as well! The FB reference to Blackpool did it! …… But it’s okay Clark Kent, your secret is safe…. BTW: It’s so good that this thread has been split off so that the useful and sensible stuff can continue here unabused by all that confusing techie stuff…. Thank you admin…. reb_bravo

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  KP.

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

Had to make it easy, so the duffers would realise 😀. Sad though ‘cos I can’t get my old identity back…Oh well, a new start it is then.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Identity theft? That can’t be right on GIH! However just think that KP  is the G of GOM and I doubt you will experience anything as bad on here. Just keep up to speed, have a good imagination and keep a Sunny disposition. You do seem to have a dry sense of humour but I’m sure a few more posters will soon cure that! :wacko:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Had to make it easy, so the duffers would realise 😀. Sad though ‘cos I can’t get my old identity back…Oh well, a new start it is then.

Come on old sausage, clearly it wasn’t easy enough, as although this old duffer realised Clark Kent’s identity, the old duffer Kolo is still struggling… :-)

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Not a bit of it kp, note the keywords in the message! Do I have to spell them out for you??????? :yes:   :whistle:        hey and not so much of the ‘old’ you two…….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  kolofarthos.

nikanne
    Participant
    Homeric

good to be back although I do miss the old set up, is everyone still here from the old days lol, I have been absent for a while but hope to catch up with you all again :)

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Wow a true blast from the past! Welcome back. Do I remember correctly and you keep horses out Patra way?         Do post as we have been in need of some fresh inspiration :good:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

good to be back although I do miss the old set up, is everyone still here from the old days lol, I have been absent for a while but hope to catch up with you all again :)

Goodness Nikanne, welcome back home!! We’ve missed you and your wisdom! :rose:

It is seriously good to have you back with us! :yahoo:

It would be lovely to hear your news as you bring us up to date on your abcsence!

Please don’t leave us again… 😥

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Speaking of people coming and going…. what’s happened to our Kiwi, otherwise known as ‘er down under’? Has she left us to survive alone  😥

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Struggling to login to the new site!

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Struggling to login to the new site!

I don’t know what you’re on about kolo?

I’m probably one of the biggest duffers here where all this ‘ere techie type stuff goes and I haven’t had any problems in transferring and still never have any sign in issues! B-)

Bet you wish that you were as cool as wot I is…. B-)

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

You asked about the Kiwi, I answered…… 😉

kiwi
      Participant
      Aristotelic

Wow nickanne, nice to see you here again. Stay please.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Well, having been using it for a while, I prefer the old site. A lot more muted and people seemed to post more. Of course, that was during the exciting days of Grexit, and now it has sorted quietened down a bit, for now.

Ho hum. I am going to Athens in the first week of August to get my KEP ? Was going to open bank account but that’s not possible. Look at a couple of flats and chill out.

When going to the Govt offices is War and Peace enough or should I also take another couple of books. :)

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

…Get all the free ones off Amazon – Or if not, the thread will keep you “riveted” for hours !  :mail:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Problem on laptop. I just tried GIH on Mr Kiwis old laptop running Vista. The page opens showing the little menu thingie on the right top, and then the white welcome page opens showing the different forums…but, nowhere to sign in. Just woke up so now I can read all the new posts which I now bookmarked.

Just noticed where I put this post…don’t tell me off SJs, I have no idea where It should have gone.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  kiwi.

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

I really want my old identity back !  This new one has transformed me into a being with a heart as black as my sausage… Help before it’s too laaaaaate….😈

kiwi
      Participant
      Aristotelic

So who were you mavro in your old identity?

Mavroloukanika
        Participant
        Neophyte

I’m devastated that you forgot me already !  Just think of bacon & Sausages, plus all those naughty but nice things that ruin your waistline 😀

altohb
    Participant
    Hoplite

Well, having been using it for a while, I prefer the old site. A lot more muted and people seemed to post more. Of course, that was during the exciting days of Grexit, and now it has sorted quietened down a bit, for now. Ho hum. I am going to Athens in the first week of August to get my KEP ? Was going to open bank account but that’s not possible. Look at a couple of flats and chill out. When going to the Govt offices is War and Peace enough or should I also take another couple of books. :)

Do you mean your ΑΦΜ (tax number) KEP is the office equivalent to the British CAB, but they do a lot of other stuff as well.

Anything to do with tax offices, War & Peace probably not enough – take the Bible and the complete works of Shakespeare and work on your Desert Island Discs list if you want to maintain your sanity. OR you might just get lucky and find someone really helpful and be in and out of the office in no time – it does happen, really  :yahoo:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  altohb.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

<h1>🐖 ? You’re not Dell boy Trotter are you? :yahoo: </h1>

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Sundodge?

So how come SJS hasn’t thrown you a lifeline and set you up into your old self?

Mavroloukanika
      Participant
      Neophyte

…Dunno – Guess he just don’t like me. I promise to be good…I could even send him a pack of freshly sliced bacon as a bribe  😘

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

…Dunno – Guess he just don’t like me. I promise to be good…I could even send him a pack of freshly sliced bacon as a bribe 😘

Freshly sliced bacon to a man living in the country they have the real Parma ham? :unsure:

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

…Dunno – Guess he just don’t like me. I promise to be good…I could even send him a pack of freshly sliced bacon as a bribe 😘

What was your old username?

(PS I’m vegan!)

GiH Admin

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

Parma Ham !… You’re having a laugh!  Just how does that compare with with fully aged, dry cured bacon ?  The seductive smell, the dipping of the bread into pure bacon fat to make the perfect bacon sarnie..The addition of brown sauce and then the temptation upon the lips, culminating in the sensual, nay orgasmic  burst of flavour upon the taste buds. How can that be upstaged? …. Just ask my cardiologist 😀

Back on topic… Sundodger was I, in the previous incarnation.  As for being a Vegan… I cater for those from any planet…Live long and prosper ! 😀

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Nice play on words Mavroloukaniko….

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Sundodger was I

None of us lost our usernames, just had to tick “forgot my password” and we were back to stage one.  Avatar was a different story so a bit of grovelling to sjs did the trick.

😎

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

Forgot password didn’t work!  The link to retrieve it is sent to email address…I had changed mine after a virus some time ago, but obviously had not updated on this site, so mail to retrieve would seem to have gone to now defunct address!

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Forgot password didn’t work! The link to retrieve it is sent to email address…I had changed mine after a virus some time ago, but obviously had not updated on this site, so mail to retrieve would seem to have gone to now defunct address!

Can you send me – via the form here – a new email address for your old account (along with all the details for it you remember) and I can re-activate it. The email address cannot be the same as any other you use for this site (must be unique).

GiH Admin

Mavroloukanika
      Participant
      Neophyte

Thanks Sean, but that will mean setting up yet another email address…In reality it will be easier just to keep this new I’d.

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Or I can transfer it over and cancel the new id if you want?

GiH Admin

Mavroloukanika
    Participant
    Neophyte

…Cor blimey Gov…Why didn’t you say that in the first place reb_bravo

Yes please – That would be good :yahoo:

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

…Cor blimey Gov…Why didn’t you say that in the first place reb_bravo Yes please – That would be good :yahoo:

There you go. Log out of this account and then when you login using the sundodger account you can re-set your password which will be sent to J……….ll@gmail.com

GiH Admin

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

By the way, the mavroloukanika account now has your current email address but without the full stop.

Did you know that full stops in gmail accounts are completely arbitrary and, for example, all these will reach the recipient.

greeceishome@gmail.com
    gr.ee.c.e.isho.me@gmail.com
    g.r.e.e.c.e.i.s.h.o.m.e@gmail.com

This means that with one gmail account you can have loads of different addresses which all arrive at the same place.

GiH Admin

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Thanks for all that… Seems to have worked- Goodbye Mavro, missing you already ! :good:

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Goodbye Mavro

Out of the darkness comes the sun, welcome back.   :yahoo:

ok, that was a bit over the top, but are we having a new super-duper avatar to put us all to shame ?

😎

ps. when’s Kolo going to post his.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Welcome back sunny…I couldn’t bear trying to imagine you as a black sausage after all those years of sunshine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.