Socrates Doco

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

This is a link to the BBC documentary on Socrates. The presenter is a bit annoying but there’s some interesting stuff there as she wanders around Athens making soundbites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b065gv2m/genius-of-the-ancient-world-2-socrates

GiH Admin

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Bettany? annoying? Can’t say I noticed….. or remember what she says……too busy drooling :-) or is that my old age causing dribbles down the chin :unsure: and she is not just a “presenter” but a very well qualified historian, tutor and author! I find the way the programmes are put together the biggest failings with a lot of walkabouts but really good stuff otherwise! Each to his own eh? :good:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  kolofarthos.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

U.S. Mortals out of the UK can’t see it. We are banned.

Kolly you now qualify for DOM status one step up from GOM. reb_bravo

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Personally I prefer the Monty Python take on philosophers.

Kiwi, if you get a VPN you should be able to watch it.

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Bettany, what an annoying presentation style. Says a sentence and then walks out of shot. Another sentence, walks out of shot. Stop moving woman and give us some information!

Definitely worth a VPN – I use HMA which was bought by Avast recently and I think they package it now in their anti-virus. Worth a look.

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I see my iPad has spelt us as U.S. Gotta keep watching everything I write like a hawk.

Any ideas on what VPN one should use? I still have the app for ITV on my iPad but that also knows I’m not in UK.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Bettany, what an annoying presentation style. Says a sentence and then walks out of shot. Another sentence, walks out of shot. Stop moving woman and give us some information! 

Yes that is what I find annoying too but that is not her fault it is the director’s and the way the info is presented. It is a style that has become more prevalent of late and just really shows a lack of good artistic interpretation. Still it is not easy to present historical stuff when a lot of it is a presenter talking to camera and there is little original film of the subject! :negative:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Kiwi, one I know of (no recommendation as not a user ) is Tunnelbear

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Thanks kolly.  A lot cheaper than some of the others.

Only 500 mb free a month so wouldn’t be able to watch anything much unless paying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.