Rant about Foreigners interferring in Illegals crisis in Greece

Forums Nothing to do with Greece GOM Rant about Foreigners interferring in Illegals crisis in Greece

This topic contains 39 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Being conscieous that I haven’t had a real rant about anything for a while and have been neglecting our GOM board, there I was this evening, minding my own business and watching the news and there was this major report on the illegals being shipped over to Greece by people smugglers etc. and dumped on the island shores, when they had this report from Kos, showing money paying tourists sitting on the beaches of Kos with boatloads of illegals being dumped on the beach in front of them!
    To make matters worse, they were showing and interviewing loads of western ‘aid workers’ waving the boats in, helping people ashore and giving them food, water and advise and then when being interviewed, critiscing the Greek government for not being there to help, for doing more to help the illegals and for then being slow to issue travel permits to all the illegals, so that they can then get onto the ferries and make their way to Piraeus!!!! 😡

Then they showed other ‘supporters’ of all these illegals from western Europe, mostly Dutch (like those onshore), Swedish, etc., who have brought boats and yachts to load illegals onto them and bring them to Greece???!!!! Why don’t they help them all get to the Netherlands and to Sweden instead if they’re so concerned about them???

No wonder every illegal want to get to Europe!!! ………. The illegals had come from Turkey and were complaining about their treatment in Turkey and the conditions in Turkey – One of their own muslim countries…….

Has the world gone insane? How do they even know who all these people are in reality? Yet they’re all being freely let in willy nilly and making their way through Europe to the UK! ………… Greece can’t afford to continue like this and the rest of Europe can’t either, no matter what the EU says!

Why don’t they just send the people back to their own countries?

Why is it that the bleeding heart liberals are dictating the conscience of the West and pushing their destructive policies on us? 😡

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

You forgot to mention that the UN refugee agency has criticized Greece for not doing enough as well. I guess they don’t get news from the rest of the world in the USA.

Here in the UK/France we have our own little problem at Calais where the port and EuroTunnel are being swamped by people trying to get into England. I heard on the World Service from a couple of interviews that they were looking to go to Germany and Sweden.

I guess the UK cannot take the moral high ground as it was us with the Americans (thanks Mr Blair) who have caused the upheaval by interfering in their countries in the first place.

Maybe Tsipras can squeeze some more money from the ECB over this, after all he is going to have to employ more civil servants to deal with the situation.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I say that the countries that bombed these places and created the refugees should take these people in.

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

Oh dear more of the same day after day.

The ‘refugees’ at Calais are NOT true refugees. As has been stated repeatedly, to qualify for this dubious title, an individual must register for asylum in the first safe country they arrive in. There are no circumstances where the UK is the first safe port of call. Whilst we can have sympathy this does not equate to offering pots of the UK’s limited social funds to economic migrants falsely claiming refugee status.

As KP says, those encouraging refugees to Greece should take the personal responsibility for rehousing and supporting them. Otherwise the Australian system of back on a boat to your country of origin seems to be working.

The UN as usual pontificates but provides no real answers or real support. Just as they did during the Bosnian massacres. They fancy themselves the policeman of the world, but produce only hot air.

Yes,parts of some of the countries are in real crisis, but not ALL of the country is unsafe. Given determination, physical support and positive action from the UN, safe areas could be created much nearer the ports of origin for these refugees.

The monies wasted on dealing with the ‘refugees’ once they arrive in Europe, would be better put to use resolving the problems at source.

Although an ill advised military campaign aided the rise of I.S., the time has come to put boots on the ground again and eradicate this growing threat with judicious use of Special Forces intervention.

Phew ! Rant over.

Crikey no posts for ages, and now I’ve worn myself out in one go !!!

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Kiwi…. as Shazzie says, they’re NOT ‘refugees’…. they’re illegal economic migrants!
    I dread to think who is hiding amongst these people sneaking into Europe!
    When the west is attacked from within by these same people being let in, then you tell me how we should be helping them?

As for “the countries who bombed these places and created these refugees” being responsible…… well, that has to be one of the most naive statements I’ve heard in this!  These countries have been fighting each other for centuries and statistically far, far more of them have been killed by muslim on muslim killings, than by the western countries you hold responsible. Just over the last month, far more of them have blown up others than any bombings by the western forces ever killed, yet nobody batted an eyelid when the over 300 innocents were killed 3 days ago in the Baghad marketplace by one of their ‘own’…… The level of hypocricy by the western liberals who pick and choose what they want to be ‘offended’ by is quite staggering…..

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Interestingly enough, just after I wrote the above, I saw this article showing these poor ‘refugees’ doing what they do best….. fighting each other…

As the article, Iraqi, Afghani and Irani, all fighting each other and bringing their fight to Greece as it tries to help them!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3199084/Yet-boatloads-Syrians-land-Kos-screening-centre-opens-cruise-liner-experts-say-250-000-arrived-Europe-far-year.html

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

So why are there so many Syrians, with many women and babies in tow. Did you see Syrians coming to Greece or Europe before the place was bombed. Before it was mainly Iraquis and Afghans, now the Libyans are also coming, since we cleaned up Ghadafi.

Just pray that Greece doesn’t have the same fate, it’s getting very much closer with Turkey now entering the fray against the Kurds with Isis as pretext.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

I must admit first of all to having mixed feelings.

Humanity ought to mean we care where we can for those in trouble.

Quite a lot of modern problems have stemmed from western interests in middle eastern countries from way back since people like Churchill tried to grab what was seen as essential oil supplies over 100 years ago, and since, plus arbitrary boundaries devised at unnatural divisions then on to more recent action where interests are at risk or intelligence suggests problems.

That is the background. Mix that up with tribal and pseudo religious loyalties, self interest by a vastly increasing few producing terrorism, persecution, zealots, misguided young, war zones, greed, fear and rivalries……no wonder there are problems.

I understand those leaving Syria have automatic refugee status (?) The vast majority arriving on the Aegean islands are from Syria so mostly are refugees but not sure how that impacts on their legal rights within Greece or the rest of the EU and how many are true refugees rather than just economic migrants at Calais.

So my conclusion is lots of reasons, as usual not black and white clarity as to who can be attributed with blame. Currently we (the EU  as a whole) and some locations in particular are overwhelmed by the numbers. There will be many that we ought to treat with human charity, some that ought to be returned as purely illegal economic migrants, and another group that will almost certainly be terrorists entering on other pretexts.

However we seem to currently be tackling the problems only where and when we are directly affected and not at source such as where we have intervened and then pulled out leaving a black hole of lawlessness. Complex and no easy solution with no one root cause to tackle. The Western nations are blamed if they intervene and damned if they do not!

Greece moreover does not have sufficient infrastructure or finance to deal with the current situation and needs to get help from more than I’ll advised do-gooders or be criticised when existing resources are overstretched.

A last note on the situation in Northern France. Some of the problems there are caused by strikes blockades and fires by the French so not all the problems are down to the rapidly increasing numbers of migrants.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  kolofarthos.

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

This week I read an article with numbers of Syrians which were given asyle in surrounding countries. I didn’t add all these numbers, but did wonder ‘how many people used to live in Syria?’. It was specially mentioned Saudi Arabia doesn’t help out at all ……

Also, correct me if I am wrong!, I thought there was an enormous camp (anyhow tents so a temporary ‘camp’) nearby (Red Cross etc.). Has that camp been bombed or closed or are there still thousands of people waiting and hoping to go home?? Or is it taking too long and that is why they are now looking for more safety?

What not only irritates me, but is also very scary, is that these fights also take place in the country they arrive to (like NL). Fighting, threatening workers at the asylum centres, etc. etc. Absolutely unbelievable and for me unbelievable they are not been kicked out immediately. but kick out whereto???

Probably that is why we have so many illegals?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

It’s called frustration alien. Pray that it never touches us, because when desperation hits, we all become animals. One thing I hear over and over from these people, the words  shouted ‘we are humans too.’  To me that shows frustration.

Women and children should be first priority, and then the husbands and lastly the single men who are more inclined to risky behaviour.

Yes kolly it does go back many years to the cutting up of the Middle East as if it was a birthday cake. Sad situation, look at The Independent headlines today on Libya. NATO interfered and bombed it….now enjoy the show.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Well, it doesn’t all matter anyway, as it’s quite clear that within the next few months, certainly by the end of this year, we’re going to see life changing events in much of the world and economies such as the USA dive alarmingly and nobody is going to be able to do a thing about it….. so who knows, perhaps our dear kiwi will get her wish and many of us will end up as refugees? :mrgreen:

So I wonder how much jingling of bells there’s going to be by this coming Christmas? :roll:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Hell kp…have you got some secret insights? Share please. Why is the world going under?

Just saw on TV here not Kos, but FYROM where thousands of refugees were crowding onto trains to Hungary. They have found another route instead of via the Med.

No..I don’t for a moment wish anyone to be a refugee. Personally I can’t imagine coping in such a situation. It’s quite frightening to even think of it. No one wants to leave their homeland but poverty is so rampant everywhere now. What a rotten world we live in.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Is this what you mean kp? Worth reading all of zerohedge these days.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-16/deal-or-war-doomed-dollar-really-behind-obamas-iran-warning

You may be right…lots of drum beating. You know how they say that wars help economies. When you think about it, people everywhere are disenchanted with their lot, and this chaos involving displaced people is not making anyone feel safe. We have become the aristocrats and the third world are the new peasants.

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

What a rotten world we live in.

So right Kiwi, it is getting so sad in so many parts of the world.

Wish someone cleverer than me could find some real solutions.

Wishful thinking I know.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Enough of this misery. Read about some nice things happening in the world. Don’t forget to click the ‘load more’ button at the bottom of the list.

Some wind beneath our sails…

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

No No cannot take all this happiness.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

:yahoo: I understand, but quite frankly if I see any more bad news around me I will burst.

Just woke to explosions in Bangkok,math at after the China debacle and another plane down. Mr kiwi and I have decided that when we get doddery, we will only travel with Indonesian or Malaysian airlines, so we can go out with a bang. Sort of planned euthanasia. :-)

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Would just like to state that Greek Special Forces are not going round causing outrages in the worlds tourist areas so that everybody holidays in Greece to help the bail out. :)

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

WHEN we get doddery.  ??? :whistle: :-)

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I am on a hate iPad binge at present. Do excuse all the typos.  Sjs can we have the ability to edit our mistakes at any time?

I just saw the rubbish my iPad decidedly too spell above. It gobbles up entire words and adds its own. And worse, it refuses British English.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

See what I mean! Argh!

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Isn’t it possible to turn predictive text off?

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

I had a very odd experience with my iPad.  I was composing a business email using the microphone thingy and fortunately realised in time that what I had typed bore no relation to what I had said.  It was a most unpleasant Anglo Saxon swear word and some unprintable words.  I just do not understand how this could happen?  Is it some sort of virus?

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

…It’s probably just suppressed  frustration – Happens to me all the time 😁

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Trust me I have tweaked every button in the settings and told it its English not American,and it still doesn’t realize…..see what I mean, I typed with an s and it put a z.

Stella if you have any accent it will confound it. In the settings you can choose the type of English it understands.

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Scrolling through the article, I’m really happy that some of these desperate folk retained possession of that most vital of essentials…The ‘Selfie stick’ !

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yes kiwi…. I agree…. it would be lovely if you could take them all and put them up in your home! ………. I’m sure that they would love New Zealand as well? :mrgreen:

Tell you what…. why don’t you begin a movement in NZ to take in a few hundred thousand? :rose:   :yahoo:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wish they would, the place is empty bar the sheep!

Families should be given precedence over single men who are generally the troublemakers.

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

…Baaaah the Sheep ! 😀. Know what you mean though, was in Bluff years ago… Never seen so much wool  !

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

What on earth were you doing in Bluff? Even I haven’t been there, it’s literally the end of the earth.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

What on earth were you doing in Bluff? Even I haven’t been there, it’s literally the end of the earth.

Kiwi, he was on some adventure with some mates of his called Bilbo and Frodo!

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

I went to Bluff just the once on government business & really enjoyed it actually, even though I’m not Welsh (there’s a clue in there somewhere)  Can’t say I would make a ‘Hobbit’ of it though 😏😀

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

depends on what you had in your pocketsis when you went my preciousssss? :roll:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

This was put up in a pub. I must say that given that some factions of Muslims who go around destroying ancient monuments and beheading the people who look after them, I tend to agree. If you must live under Sharia law, move to place where it is in force.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ahh so you were a spy then sundodge. Isn’t that where they have a bunch of spy satellites?

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Ahh so you were a spy then sundodge. Isn’t that where they have a bunch of spy satellites?

No, satellites are up in outer space. Bluff may feel like outer space but it really isn’t… :negative:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oops meant those dish things.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

If he tells you, he’ll have to kill you. :)

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Hmm moonlighting as a bacon connoisseur sunny. We’ve called your Bluff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.