Paris

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

My thoughts go out to the victims and their families and friends of those brutally killed last night. It was a horrific event where innocents were gunned down.

How must the rest of Paris be feeling today?

There was a tv programme  in France last week about how the country was full of arms. I guess because there are no border checks any more.

After the Russian plane and Paris can London be far behind?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Since ‘regime change’ in many countries in the Middle East has been helpfully supported by so many allied countries, the world as I knew it as a youngster has changed for the worse. I can no longer walk safely in Morrocco or Egypt, or many interesting countries as a European without being viewed with distaste as an American. I miss the freedoms of my youth.

This is a horrific attack on innocent people and very upsetting, but then, isn’t it also a horrific attack when innocents are bombed from the air in their own countries by foreign powers and their homes and living are destroyed? But of course, then they are not reported as innocent people…they are termed  ‘collateral damage.’

I see the young Trudeau in Canada has decided to desist from joining in such joint military actions.

I dream of the old days, when the world was a wonderful place to explore and to share a local meal given in warmth and hospitality in a foreign land. I doubt that this will ever be again in my lifetime.

May we all wake up and stand up for Peace.

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Sadly Kiwi I tend to agree with you.  A while back we were talking to a German couple touring in a camper as we were walking our dog and they theirs.

They told a story of whilst in a location in Greece they asked a person for water for the dog, and were told “Go and ask Mrs Merkel!”

As we both know the majority of Greeks are giving people, certainly my neighbours would share the little they have with us.  It hits home how wrong it is to blame the  majority without understanding it is the few that tarnish the rest……

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

The West is powerless to stop ISIS. Over to you Islamic countries because only you can starve them of money and people and have your Imams preach out against this evil, the parents and relatives to teach the young how bad this is. The answer to this horror must come from Islam and your silence on this is just as bad as a bullet. Maybe before you can do this, you have to heal the rifts between your sects, just as Catholics and Protestants had to do, albeit a lot later on the island of Ireland.
    The West for their part, must stop its meddling and military intervention in Islamic countries.
    Without this, innocents of both sides will continue to suffer these outrages and they really do not deserve to live in fear.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Grocer, that’s awful. Having said that, when someone introduces themselves to me as German, I also get that twinge of resentment until I give myself a slap in the brain.

Having travelled a lot in my life. My experience of Muslims has been sheer generosity and warmth. Ordinary people with their own culture and beliefs which sounded not very different to mine. A love of family and hospitality towards strangers. Criminals and evil people  have no specific borders or religion and come from all races. We must not profile people.

How about the fact that Western countries namely US PAY handsomely for mercenaries to conduct the evils that their own army can’t manage as well. These mercenaries can twist and turn towards the highest bidder. Only a fool can believe that ISIS just suddenly dropped into our lives, complete with guns, tanks, arms…what? Did this bunch of ragheads from all over the world, just suddenly converge, organise themselves willy nilly into an efficient killing unit complete with arms capable of shooting up aircraft and destroying entire towns and taking over huge parts of countries? Do ya think? Remember those men paraded n cages…all twenty four of them. Just curious…how many of those cages could you roust up in a few days to house the beheadees and parade them in matching orange jumpsuits?   This stuff needs planning and training by experts.

We need more critical thinking into how all this started and treat the cause instead of crying at the result.

Ill throw in this one question that puzzles me every time these terrorists strike and blow themselves to tiny pieces which I imagine scatter all over. Ever wonder, how come every time, an intact passport is found near the body of the baddies giving all the clues necessary to name the culprits within hours? Beats me! Does jihadi Joe gather up his Kalashnikov, headgear, clean under pants and passport before an attack? In all the carnage…up pops the passport next to the killer. It’s happened at every terrorist attack….

Very sad to see the youth of many of the victims…there are some distraught parents out there.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Interesting article

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-15/false-flag-link-passport-found-next-suicide-bomber-was-fake-claim-us-french-sources

And the aftermath?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-15/message-europe-–-prepare-nationalism

Greece is in the forefront again as the gateway. Bombing in Syria has just been extended… Where will all this end for us simple folk who just want some peace and to fidget in the garden.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Where will all this end for us simple folk who just want some peace and to fidget in the garden.

Don’t have a clue and dó have a strong impression that nobody really cares… :negative:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Just heard that they think that the jihadists get their passports fixed for them in Greece. Apparently up to 4000 have slipped into Europe.

Why don’t they send single young men straight back and only keep women with children, or families of mum dad and the kids.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

By the sounds of it we’re next in London. Just wonder where and when.  :-(

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

A good article by Putin (use translator if necessary)

Putin’s comments

Mind you I often wonder if the USA does not have a deep seated motion to slightly destabilise Europe and the Euro.  The risk of the Euro becoming the world currency, stronger than the dollar would definably not suit America.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Putin makes some sensible statements. I often watch RT news for another aspect. Good question. Who is funding ISIS? I heard a speaker in Greek radio today say that they are making a million dollars per day by selling oil from Mosul via Turkey on the black market. My question is, if Kiwi knows about this, how come the powers haven’t bombed the oil at source in Mosul to cut off some of the cash supply.  And the US got pretty miffed when Putin decided to bomb ISIS. Why? Isn’t that what we’ve been told that the US badly wants to destroy ISIS.

Politics are fiendishly interesting and always stinky.I agree with you grocer about the US wanting to stay top dog and that maybe Europe was moving up too fast financially.

Watched those young victims…lives cut short. What a waste.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-15/guest-post-gold-oil-grandmaster-putins-trap  A bit f what you mention here grocer

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

There is a ten minute interview with a political author at the end of the article. Do watch it till the end where there is comment on the refugee crisis. Certainly makes one think about the fact that Turkey is ensuring Greece gets overwhelmed and who is serving who in these wars.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-17/theres-no-such-thing-isis-journalist-destroys-wests-terror-narrative-warns-crackdown

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ahh…about the above. I have since heard why the Tirks didn’t give the minutes silence. They said that when the bomb hit Ankara a month ago and so many were killed, no fuss was made of that and it was largely ignored in comparison to the Paris saga. They do have a point. No fuss is made either when bombs go off in the Middle East and hundreds are killed. Selective anguish.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

No fuss is made either when bombs go off in the Middle East and hundreds are killed. Selective anguish.

I’ve heard that argument too but what I wondered is; “Did they have a ‘one minute silence locally?’.
    If so, it ís a shame that nothing was mentioned in the western media, if not than how would the westerners be expected to show respect in a way that is (in that case) not the way of the directly involved?

Personally I am shocked by the killing of any civillian who was just quietly doing his thing and asks for nothing more than to be allowed to live in peace on the litlle patch of the world he calls home.

No matter where in the world his particular patch may be.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Reading the Independent this morning, I felt sick. This horror is depressing. What turns a person into such a monster?  When I think that I can’t even kill an insect…

Its certainly taking the joy out of any thoughts of travel, and even in Australia now I am sure there will be a threat since they are sending troops, as are the Kiwis.

God help us…news is running fast towards bad things.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

God help us…

In the view of those monsters they’re just enacting his will… :scratch:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.