OMG the Earth really is flat.

Forums Nothing to do with Greece Utterly Off Topic OMG the Earth really is flat.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Got sent this link by a friend who is actually taken in. As a non scientist some of the things are sort of plausible but when he starts talking about NASA faking all the photos well……………………………….

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

It was interesting, especially the bit about the planes. Who knows. Certainly made one think.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

He lost me right at the start when he claimed that the horizon appears to be absolutely straight. :negative:

Given a wide enough sweep you cán see a slightly curved horizon. :yes:

After that initial non-argument I found it hard to take anything (more or less) seriously… :unsure:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

It gets funnier. Oh for the days of before the internet when these people just sat in their room or at worst, met every month in the village hall. :)

brenda
    Participant
    Hoplite

I have a friend who would totally believe this. He listens to late, late night radio talk shows where people have convinced him the moon landings were faked…all of them!

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Where’s kolly? He would have a lot to offer.

True about the Internet. We are bombarded with information that cleverly put, can make a person crazy with questions. Sometimes I wish I could do a Gauguin.   A warm island gone back in time sounds like heaven. My friend went to Vanuatu, said it was like a time warp.

Ahh well…back to waiting for some rain and high winds.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Where’s kolly? He would have a lot to offer.

I’m here. Wherever that is. got fed up trying to login on my tablet and getting repeated requests to select another set of street signs etc.

No probs on PC, so here I am. Been to busy to log in on PC but must admit have nothing useful to offer….. :negative:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Nearest I get  to it is the towers of 911. I cannot believe that 2 planes flying in to them would cause a perfect collapse. It looked like when companies go out to bring down tower blocks, they collapse downwards. Even then some of these companies cannot get it right and have problems. I don’t waste time thinking who did it but I have my doubts that it was just a plane that would create such a perfect collapse.

If it really was, I’d hate to be working in a  skyscraper as they really are delicate.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

You tube has a lot of pretty interesting stuff on the towers, backed by engineers. When it comes down to it…who can you believe these days anymore? Governments have secret agendas, and so do the influential. We sheep just do the paying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.