New property Tax

Forums Living in Greece Property New property Tax

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

geckophile397
    Participant
    Neophyte

Thanks for that cheery news, Mr G. All I can say is thank goodness we only have a tiny hovel…Mind you, it does have a couple of doors, some walls and various windows. Wonder when some bright spark will decide to tax us on those? The window tax has happened before – in England! ic_shock

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Do you think it’ll go away if I ignore it? 😯 😯

Just when I have fixed the other house up 👿
    So now I’ll have to pay for two… 👿 👿

Pappa Ouzo
    Participant
    Neophyte

Ian
    Don’t worry about it. It will most probably go away or be changed before it;s implemented anyway THIS IS THE GREEK SYSTEM

rustersorven
    Participant
    Neophyte

It is just another tax burden on the people. I doubt where does the money of tax payers is used by government!!!!

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Read the link Grocer posted but where can I find out the rates? As I am on the brink of buying and money is tight, I would not like any nasty surprises.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Jodevizes, you seem to have picked up on a post made back in 2013!!

There is no new property tax coming for the moment….. look at the dates of the post in that thread. :rose:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

The property tax is commonly known as Haratzi. No one escapes but if your place is older it will be a lot less than a flash new place.

altohb
    Participant
    Hoplite

If you can read enough Greek this site will let you calculate what your bill should be. We will be paying no 5 of 5 instalments at the end of this month, for the current year’s tax.

http://www.enfia.gr/calc.aspx

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oops, sorry, it has morphed from the word Haratzi to ENFIA.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.