Minoan group update

Forums Nothing to do with Greece GOM Minoan group update

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  The Grocer 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Apologies for not posting sooner – just been too busy!

A few weeks back the Scottish based Minoan Group had a major increase in share value (UK AIM stock) following the announcement that the Presidential decree was forthcoming for their planned major development on Crete. So providing partners can be found it looks like developments there will go ahead. It is controversial (we already had a response or two to a previous thread on here) and a huge area with land value alone worth over 200,000,000€.

Minoan are obviously ambitious and have announced plans for more Greek investments. They are being understandably tight lipped about it just at present but it is understood that a Costa Navarino type development will take place somewhere on the Greek mainland (to the West of Kalamata or South of Patras has been mooted) plus purchase of a whole island is on the cards. I could not envisage currently a Dodeconese one being purchased but press reports suggest that Paxi in the Ionians or a Cyclades popular one could fit their planned diversified profile. Given it’s proximity to good transport links and Minoans liking for large areas I would personally not rule out a good chunk of Evvia too.

Secrets may not be popular in some quarters but developments like these cost a lot and potentially benefit all of Greece through employment and national income. Well done Tsipras at last for his enabling role.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

I am a bit sorry about this. Whilst I do realize that Greece needs the money and people needs jobs, doing large developments like this, takes away some of the reasons people like Greece. It hasn’t been spoilt like Spain and retains its own unique charms.

The Grocer..
      Participant
      Neophyte

It was 1st April :)

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

DOH !!!

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Dear me Jo….well spotted Moggy…..but only half true. The Crete development has been given the go ahead.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

In my defense, I will not be an official Greek resident until Wednesday afternoon so am not au fait with everything.

The Grocer
      Participant
      Oracle

mmmmm seem to have posted under an alias, sorted now Kolo !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.