Logging in frustrations

Forums Greece is Home Website GIH Website Logging in frustrations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sjs – GiH Admin 1 year ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Sean, why is logging in still such a frustratingly long process?

My system remembers my login and password, yet each and every time I want to log in, I

first have to click on the confirmation that I’m not a robot,

then I click on the ‘Login’ button,

then I have to identify photos which are often not too clear, especially on smaller screens,

then even after I’ve managed to correctly identify all the pics with food or trees, or water, or whatever, I still

then have to go back and yet again click on the ‘Login’ button!

I do appreciate the issues with security and automated bots etc., but surely the system can remember us through cookies etc.?

russellsnr
    Participant
    Hoplite

Hi, I just click I am not a robot and login, job done 😛

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Curious. It depends on several things.

First, you should be able to tick the “remember me” button so that once you log in you are logged in for eternity (or several sessions at least) and don’t have to re-login next time.

Then the “robot” check is to stop automated bots logging in. Most times you just have to tick it and it checks automatically to make sure you’re real. Sometimes if it can’t find out it shows pictures.

Try ticking the “remember me” tick box to avoid having to login every time.

GiH Admin

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Thanks Sean, but the ‘remember me’ is already ticked…..

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Strange… I suspect it might be because of the browser cache; it might be worth clearing that if it’s starting to become a pain to log in each time.

Which browser do you use?

GiH Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.