Forums Greece is Home Website GIH Website Log in tests

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Just logged in eventually, after clicking lots of pictures to prove “I am not a robot” !!   :scratch:

Is this really the way forward ?   :wacko:

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

The site is driving me nuts.  For some reason I cannot stay logged in and then it rejects my password a few times before reluctantly conceding it was correct but only after I have struggled with a few pages of little pictures.  This is the only site I find incredibly frustrating.  In few of the paucity of comments on the site, I wonder if I am not alone in experiencing difficulties?

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser? To be honest I find the site (and similar ones using the same system) no problem at all in that regard.

Let’s face it, the site is not exactly rocking these days. I wonder if it’s because people are more drawn to sites like Facebook groups on Greece where they exchange messages instead of using a forum. Are forums outdated?

I wonder what the next step could be. Adding more “value” to the forum (which would take a lot of time) or perhaps changing it in some way? I’m loathe to close it down because I rather like it.

As you all know I’m no longer in Greece (but never say never), so what do people think? Where do we go from here?

GiH Admin

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

Thanks for the tip.  I am using an iPad Air, so not sure how to clear the cache but will investigate.  Have to say that the other fora, is that the correct plural I wonder, I visit also seem to be languishing.  Maybe my joining is the kiss of death!

Where has everybody gone?

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Can’t say I’m that fond of the layout, but I have no issues signing in. I tend to use Chrome as my browser and allow it to store the sites password so it’s just a click in the bookmarks and I’m in.
    I do like the ability to then click on the “new posts since last visit”, this at least saves time scrolling….

On the subject of “quietness”, I have noticed a few other sites, as well as this one do tend to fall off at this time of year, probably will pick up a few weeks before the main holiday seasons….
    On a more personal note I have also not been so active on Greek forum sites, mainly due to spending more and more time now in France and I must say just how much cheaper I find living there against Greece, taxes on food and other items here just must be lowered, especially if the country wants to gain holiday trade over Turkey etc.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

I’ve not been able to even get to the log-in page for a long time now. :negative:
    However, I’m now in Montrose and all of a sudden I have no problem. :good:
    Must be some comms problem between the Cosmote server and whatever server GIH is on? :scratch:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.