Labour Day deferred

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kolofarthos 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Normally 1st May is public holiday…..this year this is not the case and the holiday is deferred to 7th May….I guess most shops etc. will close then etc etc…..

see http://greece.greekreporter.com/2013/04/08/labor-day-to-be-celebrated-on-may-7/

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Being pedantic I know, but “deferred” is the word you meant. Either way it’s a long weekend for the Greeks. What a surprise !

8)

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

@the reiver wrote:

Being pedantic I know, but “deferred” is the word you meant. Either way it’s a long weekend for the Greeks. What a surprise !

8)

Your right !

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

@The Grocer wrote:

Your right !

As we’re on a pedantic roll…. what is on reiver’s right? Or did you mean, ‘you’re right’, rather than ‘your right’? :mrgreen:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@KP wrote:

@The Grocer wrote:
    Your right !

As we’re on a pedantic roll…. what is on reiver’s right? Or did you mean, ‘you’re right’, rather than ‘your right’? :mrgreen:

I figured he was refering to Reiver’s right to be a pedantic pr*ck? 😕

He was! Wasn’t he… 😕 😕 😕

Anyway, I see you have equal rights.. :nod: :p

:mrgreen:

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

@KP wrote:

@The Grocer wrote:
    Your right !

Yes…I’m having a BAD day………

Wanderer
    Participant
    Neophyte

And those having protest strikes are not “Labouring” anyway.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

“Labouring”

…..except under a misapprehension?

reb_popo

Or did you mean, ‘you’re right’, rather than ‘your right’?

. Look KP, let’s get it right. pay attention there!

Or did you mean,you’re right, rather than your right?

would be more correct (or indeed right)and please do not start your sentence with a conjunction with or without a capital letter! reb_bravo
    You have not quite been left at the start, KP, your central point was established so 7/10 for effort but could do better! [ mmm, thought that last bit seemed familiar; I seem to have seen that on one of my school reports sometime back! 😆 ]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.