Kolly

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KP 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Where are you kolly. You are missed. :unsure:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

He’s frozen into a block of ice up in sunny Scotland!
    Not expected to thaw out much before March!
    Can’t believe that it actually snowed in London and even settled for a while the other day!

poor kolly the popsicle….. reb_popo

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Wish I knew how to get more people onboard.  I am off to Athens on Friday. Things are starting to move at last. So many flats that I was looking at have been sold and there are not many of the size I need are coming on to the market at the price I can afford.

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

Rather a surprise to hear that the market is so buoyant but good luck with your quest.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Who? That grumpy old git?

Ya….

hoo! Managed to login on the tablet!! I have been reading infrequently but what with the login issue I have been having, busy with other things and not a lot to say…….I have just not posted.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ooooh! The popsicle has thawed! As long as nobody licked him down! :rose:

Good to see you thawed and able to type kolopopsicle…. You had us worried for a moment there!

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yes, I was at a funeral and thought of you kolly…took my mind off the proceedings. Glad you are ok. Hope you are enjoying the tablet. I think we get signed out when sjs does a cleanup. I hate it too because then I have to search out my password.

Weve just been swimming in sawdust at home while they cut out the old bench tops. Filthy job. Trying to get it all Sussed for the family coming at Xmas. My God it’s nearly that time, weeks away.

Joe good luck with the flat buying, it should be easy at this time.

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yes, I was at a funeral and thought of you kolly……..

??????!!!!!!!!! :O Really Kiwi? 😀 😆  😆 How does one take that? Now had you said that you were sucking on a popsicle and you thought of him, or your tongue got frozen to the popsicle and you thought of him, I’d understand! But just being prompted to think of him at a FUNERAL??? :mrgreen: Alas poor Kolly, I knew him well….. Actually, that’s set me thinking….. how about a bit of Hamlet? 😈 The scene now seems quite appropriate to me….. In fact, I would like this passage from Hamlet quoted at my funeral I think! :mrgreen:

GRAVEDIGGER: Well, if he’s not rotten before he dies (and there are a lot of people now who are so rotten they start falling to pieces even before you put them in the coffin), he’ll last eight or nine years. A leathermaker will last nine years.

GRAVEDIGGER: Because his hide is so leathery from his trade that he keeps the water off him a long time, and water is what makes your goddamn body rot more than anything. Here’s a skull that’s been here twenty-three years.
    HAMLET: Whose was it?
    GRAVEDIGGER: A crazy bastard. Who do you think?
    HAMLET: I really don’t know.
    HAMLET: Let me see. <i>(he takes the skull)</i> Alas, poor Kolly! I used to know him, —a very funny guy, and with an excellent imagination. He carried me on his back a thousand times, and now—how terrible—this is him. It makes my stomach turn. I don’t know how many times I kissed the lips that used to be right here. Where are your jokes now? Your pranks? Your songs?

Your flashes of wit that used to set the whole table laughing? You don’t make anybody smile now. Are you sad about that? You need to go to my lady’s room and tell her that no matter how much makeup she slathers on, she’ll end up just like you some day. That’ll make her laugh.
    (with acknowledgement and thanks to some chap called Shakespeare)

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

reb_popo reb_bravo kp…I shall forever think of you now when I watch Hamlet.

Yes, it’s strange what one thinks of at funerals. I was also thinking about how to make a fairy door for a tree. Now don’t start connecting dots kp and blaming kolly for the fairy thought. :-)

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

hahaha 😆 ….. even better! Wish I had a pic of kolo to stick on a fairy body…. Oh hang on….. 😆   Just send us a piccy as you are kolly…. :yahoo:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.