Is UKTVACCESS any good?

Forums Nothing to do with Greece Techie Stuff Is UKTVACCESS any good?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tpebop 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

HenryK
    Participant
    Neophyte

I am trying to get a VPN connection to catch the 50th doctor who anniversary. One of my friends recommended UKTVACCESS, but does it work? The four quid price seems all right, but I can’t be sure it will work. Has anyone on this forum used it?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Be patient, grocer or sundodge should be along soon with some answers. ALso do a site search. I seem to recall another thread on this subject with many options.

tpebop
    Participant
    Neophyte

hi. In Google Chrome I use an extension called Media Hint
    It allows me to use BBC iplayer & ITV player to catch shows in catchup.
    For live UK TV I use http://www.filmon.com
    Its FREE

muddyleopard
    Participant
    Neophyte

@HenryK wrote:

I am trying to get a VPN connection to catch the 50th doctor who anniversary. One of my friends recommended UKTVACCESS, but does it work? The four quid price seems all right, but I can’t be sure it will work. Has anyone on this forum used it?

Henry it’s brilliant – hope you saw the show BTW – Capaldi is gonna be a great doctor

tpebop
    Participant
    Neophyte

http://www.couchtuner.eu
    watch all Dr Who including 50th anniversary edition
    its FREE
    This is a great catch up service for lots of shows

nken
    Participant
    Neophyte

Tpebop – I agree filmon is pretty good (though so slow at peak times) but couchtuner and similar sites – seriousy? Sure there is a great selection, but it’s just a portal to a lot of content available elsewhere – not sure why I would want to give me email address to yet another company – my spam outnumbers genuine mails by a 10-1 ratio already … and like film on, you are getting ropey service – if it’s free it’s hardly going to stream great (especially important for us who are not in the UK with star trek internet speeds).

I was hoping to find something free (who isn’t), but decided uktvaccess was already meeting all my needs – unlimited bandwidth, technical support with a personal touch, no ads and no spam – so went with them for another year. Easier to pay 45 quid and relax and know I have got reliable iplayer, itv player and netflix for the next 12 months than wait around for some low-quality flick to load.

Appreciate your suggestions though, and filmon is a must for anyone who is really pinching pennies, but for me having reliable VPN is a necessity

Nigel

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Download MEDIA HINT and attach it as an extension on Google Chrome or Firefox. This will give you access to ITV / ITV Player / BBC / BBC iplayer without the need to hide your address. Hence much faster

DON”T let Chrome / Firefox just load it itself, you need to download and DRAG into the extension box, close the browser then reopen…….

Also if using Chrome do not load any hide advert adware etc. ITV will block transmissions if you do

LINKS:-
    https://mediahint.com/install_chrome.html

tpebop
    Participant
    Neophyte

nken.
    I live on Rhodes & have no problem what so ever with Film On
    Couch Tuner did not ask for my email address
    As has been said Media Hint extension works very well with BBC iplayer,ITV player & the on demand services from Channel 4 & 5
    Maybe the problem for you with Film On, is your internet speed or your system
    You are happy to pay fair enough. I prefer FREE

muddyleopard
    Participant
    Neophyte

So Doctor who – what do you all reckon to Capaldi? Bit disappointed so far

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

@muddyleopard wrote:

So Doctor who – what do you all reckon to Capaldi? Bit disappointed so far

Prefer him to Matt Smith who annoyed me with his inane teenagerishness.

As for Clara… my my…

GiH Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.