INCREDIBLE HIGH TECH MODULAR HOUSES FOR SALE

Forums Living in Greece Property INCREDIBLE HIGH TECH MODULAR HOUSES FOR SALE

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  toomuchtooyoung 3 years, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #156746

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Everything from 30sq.mtr holiday homes to 500sq.mtr luxury houses at incredibly low prices supplied in modular form for anybody who has a piece of land they want to put one on!
    These HIGH TECHNOLOGY MODULAR HOMES are certified for storms, earthquakes, insulation (for heat, cold & sound), and long life!
    21st century materials to ensure that you have a real home which will outlast you! :mrgreen:

    Building time is also drastically reduced, so reducing the build cost. A 4 person team can build each 100sq.mtr in 20 to 30 days!

    These house prices are quoted with doors, windows, bathroom fittings, kitchen fittings, cupboards, flooring, etc…..
    To see the pictures, plans and prices of just a few of the overall range, see:
    http://www.prefabhomesprices.com

  • #184071

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    It’s very tempting KP but I think the trick here would be for you to say that YOU have the team of 4 people etc that can build the place. Most of us expats are dead scared of the prospect of being at local builders mercy. Also…if you made a package that included the arranging of permits, power etc., and all other red tape and then gave a final price…hell even I would be intersted. Bottom line, most people want to know what the up-front price will be so they can budget. I own airspace to build on in Athens but have worked out it is cheaper and definitely less hassle to buy a small appt to do up.

  • #184072

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Kiwi: Your wish is my command, as always. :mrgreen:
    Complete ‘turnkey’ projects can also be quoted as you rightly say.
    The client lets the suppliers know exactly what they want, right down to the aircons, central vacuum system, extra fittings, etc and they give a complete ‘turnkey’ price.
    To use the imortal words of the Meerkat, “simples”.

  • #184073

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Ok…so why not give an indicitive price of a finished, say a 70m2 self contained, Joe average flat, on a roof space, ready to move into… Built in a way that more M2 could be added at a later date.

    I am talking of key in the hand price, no more haggling, no extras for DEI or permits. Just walk in and turn on the jug for a cuppa price. 😀

  • #184074

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @kiwi wrote:

    Ok…so why not give an indicitive price of a finished, say a 70m2 self contained, Joe average flat, on a roof space, ready to move into… Built in a way that more M2 could be added at a later date.

    I am talking of key in the hand price, no more haggling, no extras for DEI or permits. Just walk in and turn on the jug for a cuppa price. 😀

    Because one person’s tastes in fittings/finishings may be totally different to another persons! Then one person may want a basement, and another may not. Or one person’s piece of land might be on a totally different layout of land to another’s. Far too many variables.
    If as a very rough rule of thumb you calculate for the proper houses (not the small stuff shown which is way cheaper) that a 100sq.mtr house (or the first 100sq.mtr of a larger house) costs 13,000 euro to build, then an extra for 8,000 euro for every extra 100sq.mtr….. then you shouldn’t be far off a rough turnkey price.

    So….. my personal favourite, the 4 bedroom detached house shown,
    http://prefabhomesprices.com/four-bedroom-detached-house/8583/
    will be up to approx 75,000 ready to hand over. I’m sure that they would also throw in kettle and tea mug for free for Kiwi. :mrgreen:

  • #184075

    No Wall
    Participant
    Neophyte

    Do they provide a statiki meleti too?

    If not, how do you get the plans past the polidomio? (Or is a fakalaki included in the overall cost)??

  • #184076

    kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

    have you any built in greece yet,KP

    If so some pix please etc. …..

  • #184077

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    Indeed he has Farto, here for your inpection is a photograph of his most recent construction…

  • #184078

    Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

    @KP wrote:

    @kiwi wrote:
    So….. my personal favourite, the 4 bedroom detached house shown…

    Amazing…

    They do a design with huge windows to offer a great panorama and then plan for all the couches to be positioned with their backs to the windows… 😕 😕 😕

    :mrgreen:

  • #184079

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    No escape KP…I said

    70m2 garden variety simple house, built onto a flat rooftop in Athens.

    All inclusive price, with me not even visiting the site,(like hell), built, finalised, power on. You give the price we pay the deposit, balance on completion with keys in hand. I make you the cuppa.

    Give me a price for the above aprox, within a couple thousand, and then I will add any extras to it later. 😈

  • #184080

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @No Wall wrote:

    Do they provide a statiki meleti too?

    If not, how do you get the plans past the polidomio? (Or is a fakalaki included in the overall cost)??

    Golly, even with any other house built, you would need to have a civil engineer working with the builders. They will normally supply the certifications and meleti required. So, if you even want all your certifications, connections, etc, etc…. of course they would also supply the civil engineer as well as the builders! That is why you would need to pick the house you like and then tell them how much you want handled, then they would give a proper quote based on the amount of work you want etc.
    The other thing to remember with these houses is that they are considered by the greek government to be ‘prokatia’ (pre-fab) as anything which isn’t made of concrete is just pre-fab to them, so you need less meleti, and with many of the small stuff, you don’t need a meleti! Just hope that the government doesn’t wake up to the fact that these are not pre-fabs!

  • #184081

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @kiwi wrote:

    Ok…so why not give an indicitive price of a finished, say a 70m2 self contained, Joe average flat, on a roof space, ready to move into… Built in a way that more M2 could be added at a later date.

    I am talking of key in the hand price, no more haggling, no extras for DEI or permits. Just walk in and turn on the jug for a cuppa price. 😀

    Kiwi…. you must be really Greek! It’s not that easy to quote some figure! At the very least you need to let us know which house you are thinking of! Then you can get a rough price to within a thou!

  • #184082

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Nimbus: Thanks for the nice picture of your home on Lefkas. :mrgreen:
    I’m sure that if you wanted another like that, I could get you an old shipping container to put a roof on! :mrgreen:

    Ian: Designs do not include dictating where you place your settees! Though if you really wanted your settee with your back to the window, then there’s some amazing glazing available these days for windows which can increase or decrease the light let through as required!
    Actually, mrs. donkey moves an armchair up to the window with the sun coming through it from September till around June each year to get the full effect of the sun! 😀

    Kolo: Still not sold the first one in Greece yet. You can be the first…. very special price for the first one in each district! :mrgreen:

  • #184083

    nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

    @KP wrote:

    Nimbus: Thanks for the nice picture of your home on Lefkas. :mrgreen:

    Hey no problem KP after all you built it for us, er don’t like to be a nuisance but when are you coming back to fix the leaking roof? Mrs Nimbus is getting a touch tetchy :

  • #184085

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Yes I understand all that kp, but what I am looking for is a ballpark price, not a firm committment from you.

    You choose 70m2 of whatever you think fits the square taratsa on the 3rd floor. The reason I shelved the idea of building on it in the first place was the hassle of engineers and builders all telling me they didn’t know what the cost would be, while I stood there wearing my naive look.

    If you have a sure fire method that works out cheap, I am interested since I just want an Athens crash pad to zoom in and out of while visiting other places. may be others out there who would be interested also if they see a cool price.

  • #184086

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @nimbus wrote:

    @KP wrote:
    Nimbus: Thanks for the nice picture of your home on Lefkas. :mrgreen:

    Hey no problem KP after all you built it for us, er don’t like to be a nuisance but when are you coming back to fix the leaking roof? Mrs Nimbus is getting a touch tetchy :

    Blimey! You’re fussy! That’s no roof leak, it’s an eco-friendly shower unit…. And after all the trouble I had convincing the roofers to put that hole in the roof! :angry:

  • #184087

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @kiwi wrote:

    Yes I understand all that kp, but what I am looking for is a ballpark price, not a firm committment from you.

    You choose 70m2 of whatever you think fits the square taratsa on the 3rd floor. The reason I shelved the idea of building on it in the first place was the hassle of engineers and builders all telling me they didn’t know what the cost would be, while I stood there wearing my naive look.

    If you have a sure fire method that works out cheap, I am interested since I just want an Athens crash pad to zoom in and out of while visiting other places. may be others out there who would be interested also if they see a cool price.

    Aaaaaaggghhhhhhrrrrrrrrrr!!! (That’s a scream of frustration)…….
    (more calmly) Sorry Kiwi, but I don’t have any idea what the roof is or what anchoring it can take, or how many bedrooms, or anything else!
    I can’t do ”how long is a piece of string?” :roll:
    How can I tell you it’s a ‘sure fire method’ if I don’t know the first thing about the place or what you want?

  • #184088

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    And the fight goes on :))

    In Athens as in many parts of Greece, some two storey homes are allowed to go up another 2 storeys. It is on one of these that I was referring to building upon. So, 140m2 of flat space on a 3rd floor in Athens.

    All I want is an idea of ROUGHLY, how much the cheapest option would cost to put a dwelling, lets say 50m2,( to make it easy),on it.
    Kitchen, bathroom, lounge and bedroom, or whatever else fits the picture. Even a studio could be considered. I just want an idea. This is for a family crash pad in Athens, not the dream house so cost is important. You may even get to use when flying through Athens if you are co-operative. 😀

    The reason I am asking is because I have already been given a prokat price a year ago for similar, and my deduction was that it was as cheap and less hassle to buy small place in an already established apartment…which I haven’t done yet because of the crisis. Maybe your system works out cheaper and simpler?

    I just want a rough comparison, and I have given you the length of the piece of string for use as a measure. As I said, roughly within a few thousand. This is not a binding conract.

    Meanwhile you should be giving me a commission for keeping your thread on top of the page and trawling in the buyers, including having every expat thinking about putting a studio up on their roof top.

  • #184089

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    @kiwi wrote:

    And the fight goes on :))

    In Athens as in many parts of Greece, some two storey homes are allowed to go up another 2 storeys. It is on one of these that I was referring to building upon. So, 140m2 of flat space on a 3rd floor in Athens.

    All I want is an idea of ROUGHLY, how much the cheapest option would cost to put a dwelling, lets say 50m2,( to make it easy),on it.
    Kitchen, bathroom, lounge and bedroom, or whatever else fits the picture. Even a studio could be considered. I just want an idea. This is for a family crash pad in Athens, not the dream house so cost is important. You may even get to use when flying through Athens if you are co-operative. 😀

    The reason I am asking is because I have already been given a prokat price a year ago for similar, and my deduction was that it was as cheap and less hassle to buy small place in an already established apartment…which I haven’t done yet because of the crisis. Maybe your system works out cheaper and simpler?

    I just want a rough comparison, and I have given you the length of the piece of string for use as a measure. As I said, roughly within a few thousand. This is not a binding conract.

    Meanwhile you should be giving me a commission for keeping your thread on top of the page and trawling in the buyers, including having every expat thinking about putting a studio up on their roof top.

    Okay…… anything for a quiet life! :roll:
    Up to around a 55sq.mtr’ish house, depending on the style you choose, it will cost between 15,000 and 20,000 euro max… very basic square look will be at the 15,000 end!
    That’s for the basic 2 bedroom building delivered to you with kitchen, bathroom, etc. But you would have to get any ‘permissions’ and meleti yourselves.
    Then to build it, will cost no more than approx 4,000 euro…..
    So you’ll have this handed over from under 20k complete up to 25k or sheer luxury for up to 30k absoloutly max! How’s that? …….. :mrgreen:

  • #184084

    kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Frickin fantasticish… I will mull it in my head a bit and look at the pictures. reb_bravo

    So now I have to find out about the meleti bits. Will do that next time am in Athens. Am flying out of Thess again tonight so will get back to this at another time. Reason…I haven’t packed yet, the place is like a pigstye, I haven’t unpacked the cases fromt the last trip…My usual chaotic self. Sick of travelling.

  • #184090

    Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

    Maybe it is a good idea to answer emails? 💡

  • #184091

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Hi Alien… not sure which email it is as I thought that I’m up to date with emails? I’ve also just checked the personal messaging here and there’s nothing there either.
    Please can you resend and I’ll make a personal response.

  • #184092

    KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

    Hi Alien, spurred on by your most valid rebuke, I scoured the ‘housing’ email system only to find your email sitting very sadly and feeling quite sorry for itself in Scotland, in the ‘spam’! 😳
    My sincere apologies. I have now responded directly to your email.
    Regards
    Paul

  • #184093

    Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

    You are quite right to keep Aliens out of your inbox 😆

    Must check my mail now :nod:

  • #184094

    toomuchtooyoung
    Participant
    Neophyte

    I have recently bought a small plot of land in a place called Karvouni near Kyparissia. I am interested in building a pre fabricated , modular designed home. Has anyone used the technique before? any advice?

  • #184095

    toomuchtooyoung
    Participant
    Neophyte

    I have recently bought a small plot of land in a place called Karvouni near Kyparissia. I am interested in building a pre fabricated , modular designed home. Has anyone used the technique before? any advice?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.