IKA renewal

Forums Dealing with Greece Formalities IKA renewal

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundodger 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

GlennB
    Participant
    Neophyte

Anybody else here in possession of an IKA health booklet (βιβλιάριο)?

They’re due for renewal on March 1st but a local Greek website is saying they can now be renewed online:

http://www.leonidion.gr/2015/02/online-1.html

machine translation:

“On March 1, will the insured can renew via the Internet insurance capacity and booklets sickness.
    According to the announcement of the IKA, the electronic process ensure real-time updating of the “National Register of Beneficiaries Care” and the provision of services by health providers (contracted hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, doctors, etc.) to serve the insured and retirees and their dependents (spouses and children).
    Especially for policyholders of t. OPAD / TYDK from Monday, February 16 will operate a new online service in order to be informed about the registration number insured (IDPs) who are automatically assigned by their inclusion in the Register of Insured IRA without having contact the branches.”

Any news or advice would be welcome. AFter the closure of our local IKA office we’re facing a long haul up to Tripoli to renew ours unless the local KEP office can do it.

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Renewed ours last week at IKA, one hour in the queue and five minutes at the counter. They are now totally computerised, and are no longer stapling bits of paper into the book.

Therefore, on-line should be feasable and certainly KEP should be able to do it.

8)

tpebop
    Participant
    Neophyte

We renewed ours on 12 February.
    In & out of the office in half an hour .
    If someone knows the link to be able to renew on line please post here.
    Thanks

GlennB
    Participant
    Neophyte

We intend to ask at the local KEP in a day or two, so I’ll post any info here. The suggestion is that the new system only comes online on Mar 1st, which is also the renewal date. How very Greek :)

tpebop
    Participant
    Neophyte

Not everyones IKA booked is due for renewal in March.
    The renewal date depends on the month you first signed up.
    Can you imagine the chaos if everyone had to renew in March

GlennB
    Participant
    Neophyte

@tpebop wrote:

Not everyones IKA booked is due for renewal in March.
    The renewal date depends on the month you first signed up.
    Can you imagine the chaos if everyone had to renew in March

Ah OK. Strangely then our first year was a short year as we first signed up in June expecting it to run 12 months and realised the following April that it had expired. Ooooer.

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

All books expire on 28 February. We had the same experience of the “short year”. It’s like the car tax !!!

Chaos ? This is Greece ! :nod:

8)

GlennB
    Participant
    Neophyte

@the reiver wrote:

All books expire on 28 February. We had the same experience of the “short year”. It’s like the car tax !!!

Chaos ? This is Greece ! :nod:

8)

We tax our car too. I’ll refrain from cynical comment at this point .. stuff like “Well, that makes at least two taxed cars”. I’d never say such a thing.

GlennB
    Participant
    Neophyte

@the reiver wrote:

Renewed ours last week at IKA, one hour in the queue and five minutes at the counter. They are now totally computerised, and are no longer stapling bits of paper into the book.

Therefore, on-line should be feasable and certainly KEP should be able to do it.

8)

Our local KEP took ours up to Tripoli IKA and, indeed, the booklets came back with no new ‘pink slip thingy’ stapled in, just a hand-written note confirming the renewal date for next year.

jeanjeanie
    Participant
    Neophyte

As we are now coming up to February and IKA book renewal, has anyone up to date info. We were told last Feb that the bit of paper would no longer be put in the books, but did not say if renewal was automatic.

Anyone?

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Sorry but you still have to renew at IKA. Yesterday spent a happy 90 minutes at the office to get our books updated.    :-(

😎

russellsnr
    Participant
    Hoplite

Last year we had to go to the main IKA office in Rhodes to get ourselves onto the new system although we have been with IKA for around 9 years. This year I walked in the local office in Archangelos and out with the books updated until Febuary 2017 and it took maybe 10 minutes.

Russ

elainetucker
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hi everyone!  I haven’t logged into GIH for ages and suddenly found it again. I am now living in Greece permanently and wondered if anyone could tell me how I can get myself and hubby an IKA health book?  I do work over the Internet for a law firm in the UK but pay tax on my earnings in Greece.  I pay NI in the UK.  Can I get an IKA  health book and, if so, how do I go about it?

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Further information on renewal…From the Cretan community website – On line renewal is now possible…. follow link & although IKA site is in Greek, instructions are given in English.   http://www.thecic.eu/external/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.