"How I imagine the rest of us look"

Forums Nothing to do with Greece Utterly Off Topic "How I imagine the rest of us look"

This topic contains 139 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

No. No. No.
    I am not about to open a whole new can of worms like that.

But since you are interested enough to look, why don’t you?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yes but you haven’t told us how you imagine us.

Farty is very tall, Ian is blonde, nimbus is brown hair, kp is mousey hair, dayglo WAS very young, poppy is on the chubby side, sundodge is fair, stabit is short and swarthy, sjs is dark and thin…that’s enough for now :)) Ooh forgot grocer, medum height fair hair, sleeps often in a caravan.

WIll add more later

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

@kiwi wrote:

sjs is dark and thin

no, surely SJS is much more like this

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Very perceptive Kiwi , your image of me is an anagram of my image of you . Star – worthy hands !

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Got me in one, Kiwi!

I wish!

I think everyone has handsome features matching their intellect…………….. 8) :nod:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

I’m 1.88m, blue eyed and dark-haired (where it’s not gone gray yet 😳 )

Other than that… you got me spot-on! reb_bravo

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

:)) :)) Great,now how do I get my minds eye to change the look?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

My Impressions of how I think you may all look (No offence intended just for laughs)
    Kiwi, I think you have managed to repair your stroller as you were caught on Camera out shopping with bubba

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Stabbitandsteer, I imagine you are a Fashion guru and into ladies clothing πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

brenda
    Participant
    Hoplite

LOL!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Ian I have the Impression you are 1 of the seven dwarfs from your own description and you played a part in The Wizard of oz, is the middle one you ????

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Because of Bandit’s avatar this is how I percieve him (just an older version) please don’t take offence bandit

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Sundodger, I see you as one of those people who loves to cook and experiment maybe you were once a chef or you still are but this is how I imagine you to look

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Stabbitandsteer, I imagine you are a Fashion guru and into ladies clothing πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Poppy when following on in anagram style , If i am ‘fashion guru’ that makes you a ‘roguish faun’ and as an underwear model your workwear becomes ‘a fur housing’ . Although that candid pic shows more than intended I only model such attire ‘if anus rough’ πŸ˜†

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Well you do know you can get tablets for that stabbitandteer and without a prescription so no one will ever know πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜†

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

Howl @ Kiwi πŸ˜†

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Dayglo getting you own back eh… It’s the beauty within that counts and as you can see it shines through. :))

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

…And, last time I do a favour to someone and turn them into an underwear model…look at the thanks I get.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

Ian I have the Impression you are 1 of the seven dwarfs from your own description and you played a part in The Wizard of oz, is the middle one you ????

Hey…

I think you just located my identical twin brother that was kidnapped from the hospital right after we were born! :nod: :nod: :))

πŸ˜‰

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

This is how I imagine Daygloscooter looks, A hippy into old bangers and likes writing poetry

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

…and isn’t that Grocer behind him?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† :unibrow: :thumbsup:

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

You will all realise by now that Nimbus has been quiet for a while, that’s because he set sail a couple of weeks ago and he’s still waiting to be rescued.

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Papa Ouzo having his daily fix πŸ˜›

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Now Kolofarthos just to stop all this speculation as to what I look like I have posted my most handsome photo to you all. Taken just after the riots………..(well not really cos I am here in Greece)

headGroceries.jpg[/attachment:bgb80sgw]

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

It’s not fair, nimbus is the handsomest of all and I got the ugly prize! 😑

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 😳

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Now I know I keep a low profile but I will not take the huff cos you ladies do not imagine me in all my glory too often….

so to put you mind at rest, no pics, use your imagination, just imagine a profile of Homer Simpson and all those cup cakes…….

Ha! Fooled ya! There you have Homer Sunnyboy with all his Greek delicacies…… :nod:

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Because of Bandit’s avatar this is how I percieve him (just an older version) please don’t take offence bandit

None taken poppy1, your not far out with that pic, xcept ya man has quite a bit more hair than me, oh and a much better figure πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯
    And each time I try to spy a pretty girl from behind my mirror shades, I normally get ” What are you looking at you dirty old Git” followed by a slap!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Regards,
    Bandit. 😈

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Thanks for that Bandit now I have this vision you have gone from this to this πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Thanks for that Bandit now I have this vision you have gone from this to this πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Thats me bang on πŸ˜€ I got the mentality of the one on the left………But the body of the one on the right πŸ˜₯
    but I imagine myself as the one in the middle πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    confused I am……
    But if you look back at some old posts, I believe K.P. posted a pic of me going up some stairs at his house….BUT BE WARNED….I was only wearing a thong…… 😳 😳

Regards,
    Bandit. 😈

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

Still looking for that posting poppy :mrgreen:

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Well Alien I have seen your baby Photo Awww what a cutie

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

it’s amazing how handsome you are now, I am sure we will all agree πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

@Alien wrote:

Still looking for that posting poppy :mrgreen:

Here it is

There seems to be a dearth of Poppy pics…nobody feeling brave?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Think I am the only one Playing LOL Dayglo πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Think I am the only one Playing LOL Dayglo πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I would play , but being a technonerd ( or is that turdnoneck , in your minds eye ? ) don’t know how to attach images ! Help ??????

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Poppy was a tricky character from an early age……….

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Fearful of another taxi strike , the nonchalont Poppy strolls to work

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

Here ya go poppy1…this is how I imagine I look to everybody (I wish) πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    or am I just kidding myself πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

Well at least Ive got a better bike than him/me… :roll: :roll:
    Regards,
    Bandit. 😈 (IL be back)

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

All in a days work , Poppy showing the natural look in this seasons swimwear

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@Bandit wrote:

Here ya go poppy1…this is how I imagine I look to everybody (I wish) πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    or am I just kidding myself πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

Well at least Ive got a better bike than him/me… :roll: :roll:
    Regards,
    Bandit. 😈 (IL be back)

Don’t leave us dangling ( ooooooh Maaatron ! ) show us the bike , if that’s your best feature πŸ˜€

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Our top model Poppy on her way into make-up ( via the canteen ) for them to do their magic

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Poppy and her protege , the delightful newcomer Kiwi . Argue amongst yourselves girls .

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

After a hard day at work Poppy likes nothing better than to relax at the bar with a few playful friends

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Poppy , I think my next lesson in Windows Geekery needs to be re-sizing ! But in the meantime (with apologies to all for wandering off topic) picking your superbrain , aware of aquaduct , aware of viaduct but what is this called ?

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

The collective GIH gang , choose your own character but no swapsies or backtracking if anybody else comments unfavourably ! ( AS IF ……….. ) πŸ˜€

P.S . I hereby disclaim any responsibilty for any effects whatsoever on the sensibilities , sensualities etc of anyone who ventures into the website that provided most of the above πŸ˜†

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

pic should have been attached to above but was not my omission by human error , honestly Poppy Grasshopper is not THAT daft oh Master πŸ˜€

OH YES I am that daft , only just realised that it says file size too big so here is the thumbnail , next lesson needs to be cut ? copy ? paste ? DUH ! a link (please)

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

That is The Magdeburg Water Bridge Stabbie, It’s in Germany and is the longest Aqueduct in the world.
    Hope that answers your question

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

That is The Magdeburg Water Bridge Stabbie, It’s in Germany and is the longest Aqueduct in the world.
    Hope that answers your question

So a bridge full of water over and across another stretch of water is still only called an aquaduct ? Disappointed and unimpressed , can’t let Jerry get one up on us ( They may have beaten us at football a few times but they only came second in the war , TWICE ! ) so I’m planning on building a combined viaduct/aquaduct /bridge from Blighty to Zante in a curved structure that goes over the top of theirs for pedestrians/amphibious craft/road vehicles , just to see what name they come up with ! Any other lads on here free next weekend to lend a hand ?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† By the way it’s spelt Aqueduct not Aqua :finger: :mrgreen:

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† By the way it’s spelt Aqueduct not Aqua :finger: :mrgreen:

Sorry Mistress , do I have to write the correkt speling wun hundrid tymes or do you have some other punishment in mind ?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

wlel stibabe fi yuo cna raed tihs masesage ti maesn yuo aer an itnelgeatn porsen woh ueses teh letf sedi fo hsi biran it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers aer wirtetn, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the
    first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
    taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This
    is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter os ti deonst metatr hwo yuo seplel

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

wlel stibabe fi yuo cna raed tihs masesage ti maesn yuo aer an itnelgeatn porsen woh ueses teh letf sedi fo hsi biran it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers aer wirtetn, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the
    first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
    taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This
    is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter os ti deonst metatr hwo yuo seplel

Funny you should say that as I am actually left handed (as are all the notorious ‘GREATS’ throughout history) please confirm that I may possibly know an absolute fact of which you were not previously aware :- LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE LOOOOOOOOOOOOUD drum roll as my head is now on the block ! The sinister association of the left hand being the work of the devil ( Ooooooo Matron ) Stop it I’m being serious here ! brought about the common usage of the word ‘sinister’ into the English language as the translation of the old Latin word for ‘Left’ is Sinistre . My mother was Italian and in the early years of schooling under Nazi occupation any child unfortunate enough to be ‘afflicted’ with left handed-ness was beaten on their left hand ( by soldiers !! ) until it hurt so badly (physically and psychologically !! ) that they became ‘right (correct) handed’ . And we complain about silly things like the price of stuff in shops going up a bit !!!!! :)

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Bandit I can see why you men Brag now, thanks for sending me the photo of your bike WOW!!! it is big

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hey Poppy such a sophisticated dude as Bandit is , surely he would appreciate quality over quantity . I’m sure I saw him get on this and ride away from outside Ann Summers recently :))

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Your keyboard Poppy ?

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

The Grocer’s new shop ! But is this the staff or the stock ?

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Dayglo’s controversial combover sets him apart from the others in the world of cyber business

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

“They also were charged with food safety violations after police found they had stashed their product in an abandoned hotel that was open to the elements and used by bathers as a toilet.”

We were sitting on Santa Mauria beach a few weeks ago when the doughnut vendors came by and I must admit that the doughnuts looked and smelt delicious , however “she that must be obeyed” (the wife) forbade me to buy any, reminding me in a most uncalled for and unkind way that my waist had already expanded enough and that it did not need any more unnecessary treats (her words).
    Having read the article I am pleased that was dissuaded, I guess it stands to reason that the hygiene standards are not going to be a priority. :

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Shush Poppy! I’m trying to keep a low profile till the heat goes out of the fat πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

….but no, cooked in hot oil prior to storage there’s no health risk whatsoev……..

quick let me in the loo, and then get the Imodium…. 😳 …too late Cryptosporidium wins………. πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Found the Bandit’s thong picture and put up the link, but it’s been deleted ic_shock

If anyone out there is brave enough to view it you will have to go to the Stoupa site & search.

8)

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

If anyone out there is brave enough to view it you will have to go to the Stoupa site & search.

Can you put a link cos I can’t find it and am intrigued :p to see it seeing as it has been deleted 😳

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

OK, you asked for this …… :nod:

8)headfat.jpg[/attachment:3n6han7u]

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

See Bandit has had a tattoo done since that was taken and he takes excessive pride in his appearance so much so that he did a second take of his first photo.

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

I think it was ‘W’ on the left cheek and ‘W’ on the right cheek and when bending over WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† someone has had a drink tonight and still got a sense of humour LMAO :roll: :roll: πŸ˜† πŸ˜† WOW :nod: :nod: :nod:

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Not knowing what any of you lovely ladies out there look like, :)) I wonder if anyone will own up to this photo ?

8)

headimage002.jpg[/attachment:nu58xu6y]

:unibrow:

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hi Reiver,
    Where did ya get that from cause I do believe its a photo of my Twin sister, who was just getting ready to recieve her award at the slimmer of the year competition that she won for getting down to that size πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

regards,
    Bandit. 😈

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

OMG Reiver, holding my hands up to that one, that was me 6 months ago but according to Stabbie I have a yo yoing weight problem, but you should see me now, but then who got the guts to actually put a REAL PHOTO of themselves on here????? :)) :finger:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

…but then who got the guts to actually put a REAL PHOTO of themselves on here????? :)) :finger:

Sounds like a dare????

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Bloody hell Ian !!!! your a bit of alright 😳 but is that really you :roll: and is that your own hair ??? ❓ :)) πŸ˜‰
    wanna see one with the cap off

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

It’s me and the hair’s mine πŸ‘Ώ

Time for some ‘quid pro quo’ here, I’d think. :nod:

Someone else taking the bait?

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

😳 Don’t have a digital camera πŸ˜•

Is that Rovies you are looking towards?

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

With my granddaughter…aaaaah.

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Thankyou Daygloscooter, what a beautiful photo and what a very pretty grandaughter you have.
    Come on Alien you don’t need your digi camera just send us one of your favourite photo’s of yourself,
    if you show me yours I will show you mine, that goes for you too Stabbie , kiwi, stella, nimbus, kolo, the shy brenda and uncle tom cobbley and all πŸ˜‰

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@Alien wrote:

😳 Don’t have a digital camera πŸ˜•

Is that Rovies you are looking towards?

It’s off Chronia there (mountain in the background is Kandili) but in a way you could say I’m looking towards Rovies (only it’s a couple of klicks away).

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

headIMG_1741.JPG[/attachment:b42tgxrk]

Always up for a challenge, just add more wrinkles this was 6 months ago. The bub was angry with the ugly hat, don’t blame her actually.

Mmmmm dayglo you look like a mafia don there, nice shot.

Ian amazingly you are sort of as I imagined.

brenda
    Participant
    Hoplite

headbeach IMG_4238.JPG[/attachment:217jbnli]On my recent trip to Greece

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@kiwi wrote:

Ian amazingly you are sort of as I imagined.

Funny that, actually you’re reasonably close to what my minds’ eye had pictured too (maybe I imagined you slightly more grandmotherishly 😳 ).

DGS look nowhere near what I thought he’d look like but I admit I’m not really sure what I did expect :))

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Awwww Kiwi What a lovely photo of you with your grandbubba you are just as I imagined but younger looking,
    and thankyou Brenda for the lovely photo, now I am homesick seeing you with a drink and looking relaxed on a beautiful greek island with blue skies and shimmering sea in the background, Oh well only one more week to go and it will be my turn to be there Whoopee πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    Come on the rest of you Guys this is like our very own Facebook 2 more pics and I will put mine on.
    (Genuine photo’s only )

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Don’t be fooled ian, its just a lousy camera with low definition so you cant see all the lines, am much older than most on here I reckon :))

Funny, Brenda you are also as I imagined. When are you going back?

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Come on Bandit & Stabbie we are waiting for your photo’s, are you going through reams of Albums looking for your best one, gotta be there somewhere πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

My best foto is on a wanted poster….er a very old one I hasten to add 😳
    just going back through old episodes of crime watch now πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
    “keep em peeled”….Ya remember that saying???

Regards,
    Bandit… 😈

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Coward reb_popo Bandit πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Come on Bandit & Stabbie we are waiting for your photo’s, are you going through reams of Albums looking for your best one, gotta be there somewhere πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Most recent I can find , straight off the Killini to Zante ferry after a sleepless night on the Ancona to Patra ferry following the drive from UK to Northern Italy in 36 hours .

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hey Poppy as the instigator of this you seem a bit shy , so COME ON POPPY were all waiting !

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

OK this is me

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Think you have all had enough of waiting so this is me

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

OK this is me

The invisible woman ? I imagined you as more like Batwoman !

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Mmmmmmmmmm Why Stabbie ❓ ❓ πŸ˜†

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@poppy1 wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmm Why Stabbie ❓ ❓ πŸ˜†

Was originally vivid imagination , and was posted before i saw your pic but now I have confirmation of telepathic perception πŸ˜‰ :))

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Oh dear is that good or bad 😳 :)) :mozilla_innocent: 😈

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Stabbit, you are also as I imagined…poppy are you old enough to be on this forum? :)) I thought you were a granny too!! Sure got you wrong. The fellas will be thrilled. :))

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Kiwi, will take that as a compliment as I am nearly 41 and yes I am a grandmother of 2

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

Think you have all had enough of waiting so this is me

So, I owe you one without the cap now? 😳

Be gentle….

Here’s one

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Fair do’s Ian, that was brave and Yes can see you have your own hair now and jealous because it is a lot longer than mine, still a nice photo thankyou.
    Now come on all you yellow bellies I have put mine on now your turn πŸ˜›

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Geez ian, you look like Tarzan in that one!

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

Ladies are you going to share your secret?
    How can you all look so fantastic, whilst spending so much time behind a computer?

You all have a housekeeper, cook, etc. etc.?

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@kiwi wrote:

Age must be about right too…. 😳 😳

When were Johny Weissmullers’ ‘wild days’ again? reb_popo

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ha ha that is ageing ian…I remember my dad talking about Johnny.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@Alien wrote:

Ladies are you going to share your secret?
    How can you all look so fantastic, whilst spending so much time behind a computer?

You all have a housekeeper, cook, etc. etc.?

The levels you stoop to just to draw attention away from the fact that you still haven’t posted your own pics on here! : : :roll:

:mrgreen:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Alien, it’s all the hard work that makes us look fantastic…most of it is done while smeared in extra virgin olive oil (face that is) and I bet you think I am kidding πŸ˜€

Meanwhile I havent yet decided if you are a male or a female. Maybe female?

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Good grief!… Under the circumstances then, it would seem that there is no reason to shy away from the public after all. A previous passport photo, in retarded prisoner mode & with bulging eyes ! :)) :mrgreen:

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Blimey SD I did not realise they had cameras when you were that young !!!!

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Shhhh H !… They remained on the secret list for many years afterwards :))

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Sport that beard at an airport these days and you will be strip searched while they look for the b>>mb sunny.

Anyway that’s cheating putting up your baby photo, we want to see the warts and all. :))

stabitandsteer
    Participant
    Neophyte

@kiwi wrote:

Alien, it’s all the hard work that makes us look fantastic…most of it is done while smeared in extra virgin olive oil (face that is) and I bet you think I am kidding πŸ˜€

In UK civil law a ‘lien’ is the right to retain something of value as security against benefit owed until payment is made , so any ideas for the ‘ransom note’ to enforce delivery of a pic ?

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

@stabitandsteer wrote:

@kiwi wrote:

In UK civil law a ‘lien’ is the right to retain something of value as security against benefit owed until payment is made , so any ideas for the ‘ransom note’ to enforce delivery of a pic ?

Shall I help with ‘the ransom note’?
    Who did not place a recent pic, cannot chat in/on this subject anymore?

For not one second I even considered placing a pic.
    To stop rumours or imagination: it has nothing to do with how/what Alien looks like.

Kiwi: female, 51, more Dutch than English, no children, no bubs :)

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oooh alien, you divulged your age? Courageous.

Actually I never post pics or have facebook etc, don’t like any of it, and will probably remove my pic here later on. Too much info out there and I like to keep a more Mata Hari image :))

Am off in a few hours, better get the packing finished and the computer away. Bye all!

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

Thank you for formulating it better why I don’t want to place any pics.
    I promise you I will say hello if we bump into eachother in Greece :nod:

Have a safe journey and I cannot imagine the computer being switched off for long.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Don’t really see how a picture can harm as long as there’s no such things as (real) full names, addresses, phone numbers etc. laying about on the net? πŸ˜•

I don’t think I’ve ever disclosed any details like that (and I’m not about to start either).

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

@Ian wrote:

Don’t really see how a picture can harm as long as there’s no such things as (real) full names, addresses, phone numbers etc. laying about on the net? πŸ˜•

I don’t think I’ve ever disclosed any details like that (and I’m not about to start either).

:roll: Just a photo of a beautiful house, which isn’t difficult to find. πŸ˜†

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@Alien wrote:

:roll: Just a photo of a beautiful house, which isn’t difficult to find. πŸ˜†

Ah, yes, there’s that!

But that makes me traceble only for people who know this nick of the woods and read this forum.
    Apart from yourself I don’t think there are too many that qualify and since you’ve already figured out where I live anyway I don’t think witholding my photo would have made any difference.
    I’ll just have to trust you. 8) 8)

You withholding your picture, though, leaves me forever guessing whether it might be you whenever I see a non-Greek woman around these parts. πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•
    (Well, I’m really in Norway right now but you know what I mean).

Actually I’m always surprised by how many people seem to know (about) us but I’m pretty sure that’s got nothing to do with the internet.

Thanks for the positive evaluation of the house. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

I don’t live in Greece, so you don’t have to wonder if it is me or not.
    Just one week in September we are “up North”, don’t be scared: we like to walk in Greece we do not do climbing πŸ˜‰

Your house just looks good where it is and I hope you will keep enjoying it even though an Alien knows where it is :mrgreen:

I know ‘everybody’ seems to “know” about the foreigners, but you know the Dutch saying “as long as they are talking about me I am alive” :unibrow:

Pappa Ouzo
    Participant
    Neophyte

And Pappa comes
    headpappa ouzo.jpg[/attachment:3t1ec8zl]

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oooooh papa ouzo, please tell me that really is you. What a gorgeous photo! reb_bravo

Alien
    Participant
    Oracle

Not that I have ever been to Crete, but Papa Ouzo looks like a gentleman from Crete very late at night

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

Nice picture Pappa, but I don’t believe its you for one minute, just love the expressions on the faces of the people sitting at the tables particularly the guy on the right of the photo he looks as if he is dying of embarrassment, can imagine him hissing ” for Christ sake pop come and sit down and stop making a fool of yourself” πŸ˜†

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

OK so its not really me, but the resemblance is uncanny πŸ˜†

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Do you know what Nimbi that is just how I imagined you πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

Oi you are a card you are Puppy! you would be soooo disappointed if you ever met me, I am no where near as good looking as Victor Meldrew and much much older, as for my demeanour, he is like a ray of sunshine compared to me πŸ˜†

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

So nimbus you are a grumpy old man and ugly to boot…perfect for this forum :))

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@kiwi wrote:

So nimbus you are a grumpy old man and ugly to boot…perfect for this forum :))

GIH ‘where the women look good and the men are ugly’!

:retard:

:))

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

Update on Kolly, he was caught taking a shower

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

Update on Kolly, he was caught taking a shower

Djeeezusss, Poppy! 😯 😯

You spend your days scanning the internet for revolting photographs? ic_shock ic_shock

Or at least those parts of your days that are not spend digging up and translating obscure Greek legislation? :roll: :roll:

😐 😐

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

OK Ian got the message I am now going on Strike for a week or longer and will only return to GIH on demand πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† bye bye everyone :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

Ian I love Homer in what ever guise. πŸ˜• But I do think he looks better with the yellow tan!!
    Mind you I bet that makes for interesting pillow talk, specially if she has matered ” DOH!!” :unibrow:
    Dont you leave us pop it.. :)

Regards,
    Bandit. 😈

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

I am now going on Strike for a week or longer and will only return to GIH on demand

Noooo, Pleeeeease….?

Pretty, pretty, please? ic_smile ic_smile

Not a week or longer! ic_shock ic_shock

How about until tomorrow, just to teach me a lesson. 😳 😳

P.S.: How does a demand reach you if you’re not on GIH? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Hey, even my moobs are not as big as that! Honestly………… ic_shock

Polly spreading ugly rumours :

poppy1
    Participant
    Homeric

kiwi wrote:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/tarzan-chimp-dead-cheetah-chimpanzee-suncoast-primate-sanctuary

To Ian aka
    Johnny Weissmuller

A sad day for you Ian, commiserations on your loss may he rest in peace πŸ˜₯

Cheetah the chimp, who starred in “Tarzan” films in the early 1930s, has died. He was 80.

The “Tarzan” chimpanzee had been living at the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, Florida, since around 1960. He died of kidney failure, the sanctuary said on its website.

Cheetah acted in “Tarzan” films from 1932-34, starring alongside Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O’Sullivan

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@poppy1 wrote:

kiwi wrote:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/tarzan-chimp-dead-cheetah-chimpanzee-suncoast-primate-sanctuary

To Ian aka
    Johnny Weissmuller

A sad day for you Ian, commiserations on your loss may he rest in peace πŸ˜₯

Cheetah the chimp, who starred in “Tarzan” films in the early 1930s, has died. He was 80.

The “Tarzan” chimpanzee had been living at the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, Florida, since around 1960. He died of kidney failure, the sanctuary said on its website.

Cheetah acted in “Tarzan” films from 1932-34, starring alongside Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O’Sullivan

Thank you for your kind words.

I felt an icy wind envelop me when I heard the sad news… :( :(

(then again, that could also be from being in Norway again πŸ˜• )

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Remember the old days on GIH? Nostalgia…

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@kiwi wrote:

Remember the old days on GIH? Nostalgia…

Don”t I just… :(

Nowadays, more often than not, it”s just like a large empty hall where only echoes keep you company… :( :(

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

…………..echoes keep you company

…………. keep you company

…………. company

………….ny

Bandit
    Participant
    Neophyte

Echoes, a fantastic track by Pink Floyd, I remember it well!!!
    Not very christmassy though πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Ahh well…

Happy New Year to you all. There is still comfort in the arms of friends, virtual or otherwise. Amazing how connected one can feel to people one has never met.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Bandit still lives!

There was nearly a rumour that you had sailed off over the horizon looking for an elusive fish, never to return after you found the edge of the world…..or should that be the Far Side Of The Moon

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.