Help needed with S1 form

Forums Dealing with Greece Formalities Help needed with S1 form

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jodevizes 4 months ago.

• Author

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

hi, have just got my S1 form from Pension Dept but need to know where to take it and what else do I need to bring with me. Will I need to get it translated?

Also, I understand that I need to register with the police, once again what do I need to take with me and do any of the papers need translating?

Many thanks

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Hi Jo,

You take the form to the IKA office. From memory, you will need passport, 2 photos, probably a utility bill as well. Basically take everything you think they might want.

In February, everybody’s IKA book needs to be renewed so if you can, wait until March. Either way be prepared for a long wait at the office.

Can’t recall going to the police, but who knows. Maybe IKA will give you a paper for them to sign.

Hope this helps a bit, and you could visit a KEP office for advice.

:bye:

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Forgot, your official tax number paper.    :yes:

jeanjeanie
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hi, at the IKA office in Kalamata (1st floor and get a numbered ticket from machine) –

form S1 (don’t need translation)

photocopy of passport

you may be asked for a residence certificate (this is where the police come in – you get the residents permit from the police station)

tax number

2 photographs

an AMKA number (more complications – you get the AMKA number from the KEP so it follows you will need this first. Take all the above with you to the KEP.

think that all. Good luck.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Many thanks for the info. I have spent the last few days going from one KEP office to the IKA office and on and on to get this wretched number.

Is there a particular police station you have to go to or do all of them handle it?

What do you need to take to them?

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

How’s it going Jo, making any progress ?

Don’t despair, here’s my little tale :-

I’ve just got my Greek driving licence —- after waiting four and a half months !   :unsure:   I was driving with no valid licence for four months, just some papers from the KEP saying I had paid the fees and submitted all the necessary documents. It appears Kalamata only work on Fridays and when they said they had received the relevant form from DVLA, it still took three weeks to issue said licence.     :wacko:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Yes finally got my health book. A lot of trudging around to different offices but finally got it. They didn’t ask for residence certificate but had to give a copy of the contract of my flat purchase.

What office do you go to for  the driving license and what do you need to do?

Thanks for your help.

Oh it seems that they are changing the system which is causing some problems. You have to get a plastic cover for your health book from a chemists and the first one I went to said they didn’t have any because they didn’t know what the new system was going to require.

Hope they sort it out before I have to go back next year to renew it. That’s if brexit doesn’t screw things up.

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Glad to hear you got a result.  Can’t see why renewals can’t be done on-line.  Put your AMKA number into your phone so you always have in case you don’t have your book with you.  The books are virtually obsolete as everybody’s details are in the computer, and doctors print off the prescriptions. I go to my local health centre with my private prescription and they print off six months worth. Saves them and me time. As for a driving licence, if you have a current UK one then stick with that.  If you are thinking of getting a vehicle you WILL need a residence permit from the boys in blue. Your local cop shop will advise you on what you’ll need. :good:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Thanks for the tip. Re license, I think it has run out. Can I still swap for a Greek one?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.