Hello?…… Hello?….. Hello?

Forums Nothing to do with Greece GOM Hello?…… Hello?….. Hello?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  KP 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

HELLO?? ….. such an echo in this here big EMPTY room! :-(
    Note the emphasis on the word ’empty’….. :scratch:

Where is everybody? It’s alwfully lonely in here….

What’s happening? :unsure:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Don’t ask me.. :unsure:

I’ve made some efforts but mostly it all apparently ends up in some cyber-limbo… :scratch:

I’m currently floating about some 60 nautical miles west of Killybegs so it’s pretty lonely out here too and I do miss the warm comfort of the true cameraderie we used to know on this forum… :whistle:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Well Athens is empty, everyone off to the beach or their farms or country homes.

How can we do a recruitment drive?

We need fresh blood :)

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Your real life name is Lestat? :whistle:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

What are you doing floating around there Ian? Fishing?

I didn’t think there was any oil out that way? Is there? B-)

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

There’s a fairly large gas-field (Corrib field).
    We’re doing some free-span mitigation and pipeline protection at the moment. :good:

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Hi Jo, it feels like groundhog day with your comment about Athens. Most of them seem to be down here taking up what parking spaces there are and clogging the tavernas !    :-(

As for new blood well, we could do with some of the old posters back. Which brings me to a question I have been afraid to ask in case I have missed something in the past year.  Where is Kiwi, has she just given up trying to keep this site going or …………………? 😥

:bye:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Blimey! Longest post since that one (or more) on Brexit!

Yes it would be good to get new and revitalised old posters. Many a one missed.

No idea about Kiwi she just seemed to get fed up and stop. Hope nothing more serious.

I found I had little to say (even less of value eh?)…..so Reiver as you are in the vicinity of a few posters why have they stopped? I had the feeling that several were getting a bit depressed over current affairs but could well be wrong.

Good to hear Ian is still gainfully employed relaxing on his luxury gin palace and enjoying the waves…..but apart from him, Jo and one or two others there seems little use of the board.

So I’ll add a bit………

Had a visit to Kefalonia in July and fell foul of my accommodation provider going into administration. Caused a bit of a flap all round but I feel fortunate to have got a refund.

Best go back to booking direct I think, and will examine in more detail Travel insurance policy details. Doing bookings via agents is horrendously complicated contractually (even if the booking process is apparently simple), insurance has many a get out clause, and it is very difficult to know who actually contracts for the accommodation one buys!

Rather pay direct to the owner and cut out the middle men! One lives and learns…just!

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Good to hear Ian is still gainfully employed relaxing on his luxury gin palace and enjoying the waves…

Actually, it’s only my second two weeks contract since October last year. :negative:
    So it’s actually more “painfully” than “gainfully”… :unsure:

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

Well…How can one ignore the call of a fellow Mariner adrift on the roaring maine?  The sanity (Or is that Sanitary) must be preserved of the ‘Flying Dutchman’ Caught between the Devil & the deep!

I suppose a general malaise has permeated the Brit Expat community, as we ride along on the crest of Brexit, with a degree of uncertainty seemingly always around the corner, with little or no discernable progress from those darkly inscrutible custodians of democracy….But hey ho – Down here in the deep South of never, never land, that bit below the borders of Arcadia, there is a wailing & gnashing of teeth…Or rather there was, until that part of the family that is of an age wanting to remain vertical for around twenty hours a day and her other, Nazi Grandparents, left this morning, to be once again unleashed upon the shores of G.B. :yahoo:

So…The Athenians are still here as well, the green wellie brigade are all around, pretending to be farmers for the month, clogging up my favourite haunts, driving like lunatics, pushing & shoving in the supermarkets (When they’re not kissing each other) and burying cigarette ends in the beaches !

Shall now sleep for a week or so and try to forget the list of jobs that the commandant is preparing, plus I can hear the gentle weeping of the sausage machine, alone in the darkness of the store room, begging for company & excercise !

Anyone else here to brighten the day ? :wacko:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Heard on the jungle telegraph that Kiwi was struggling to use the new format website but also fell ill but is now on the mend…….so she may well be back some time. Prepare yourselves!!

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Is this “new news” Kolo? I’ve just done a trip back in time and it’s 18 months since Kiwi’s serious surgery and she was still posting in the not too distant past. I hope it’s nothing to unduly worry about.

If I can manage to post this from my new phone then the site is ok.

:wacko:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Well Doctor Who (the new Border time traveller?) I only went back in time to last night so ‘new’as in that timescale…….but I have no more details.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Sorry Ian, I did a reply but maybe there is a problem from New Orleans. :)

Sadly it looks like all the buggers are back in Athens now. You lot only have them for a couple of weeks or so, I got them the rest of the year.:cry:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Well, don’t blame me… :unsure:

You chose to live between those buggers. :wacko:

But maybe that’s a line of thought I shouldn’t pusue… :whistle:

DayGloScooter
    Participant
    Neophyte

:whistle:

COOO-EEEE!

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

I found I had little to say (even less of value eh?)

I too have not had much to contribute, but also have been on hols with family. In a lovely bungalow on the Suffolk coast, but sans Internet so couldn’t have put in my twopenneth anyway !

To quote a famous film ‘ I’m ba-ack ! ‘.

I must admit to feeling post referendum blues and being in England at the moment isn’t helping that feeling.

Really hope all is OK with Kiwi. I didn’t realise she’d been taken ill again. If you have any updates Kolo please let me know.

Regarding getting some new blood, I fear that will be difficult with more bods leaving Greece than moving in !

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wow! Lots of posts and even dayglo has popped back up!

Shazzie….. Just over a week ago, not long after we returned from our 3 weeks in Kalamata, Kathleen and I drove up to Suffolk for 4 day long weekend…. quite enjoyed Southwold with lots of fishy meals!

So when are you coming over Shazzie? You still have any olives and olive oil left?

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

quite enjoyed Southwold with lots of fishy meals!

So when are you coming over Shazzie? You still have any olives and olive oil left?

Ah Southwold. We had a nice visit there and a fantastic meal at a seaside pub.

Worry not sir, your olives and oil are safely stored away with a ‘Reserved’ sign !! :good:

I think we’ll be Watford bound at the end of September / start of October. We’ve a couple of jobs to sort out, once they’re done we’ll have a definite date.

Love to Mrs KP and the family xx

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wot! I won’t have them before the end of the civilised world as we know it?
    How do you expect us to survive? :-(

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.