FilmOn TV no Longer Free!!!

Forums Living in Greece General Discussion FilmOn TV no Longer Free!!!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kolofarthos 1 month ago.

• Author

russellsnr
    Participant
    Hoplite

Noticed today that there is now no FREE TV available from them znd they put up a statement. “Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
    We’re very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance.”

Russ

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

Yes, really annoying that.

We used it to watch UK news, one of my morning rituals !

No way I’m paying €15 a month for that,  :negative:   :negative:

Anyone know of an alternative way to get free UK channels ?

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Grocer usually comes back with a post or two for solutions applicable in your area……forget what you have previously said you have as devices :whistle: But if you have broadband (and not a dire slow speed), an android tablet or phone then an app called Mobdro will give you all sorts. Just tried and watched BBC 24 Hour news -and it had a title in the corner ‘Filmon…..’ :-) Service is totally free though quality and availability can sometimes be a bit intermittent but usually, for example on the sports channels get to watch most of a rugby game (it has world sports) even from the Greek islands!……..but maybe the Pelops is a bit of a backwater? :yes:   :rose:

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

Cheers for that Kolo. We’ll give it a try.   :good:

Our broadband used to be decent enough, but since the floods last year it’s total c**p !! Apparently the whole cable network needs replacing, so we should have decent service by 2025 !   :unsure:   😥  :wacko:

Shazzie
    Participant
    Oracle

Hooray !!

Thanks Kolo. Not only do I have UK news channels, but lots of other channels too.

Happy days  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

I find that downloading is quite good for films and series although you have to convert them to watch on a stand alone tv.

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

I used to download lots of films & series via isohunt & using μtorrent. No other conversion needed & then just transferring to a memory stick & plugging direct into USB on t.v to watch…Your t.v has to be compliant with MP4.

Recently however, I signed up to Netflix for a month free trial, which is nearly up…I am happy with the streaming service & quality & the film & series library is vast. I am continuing the membership which costs 9.99 euros a calendar month.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Yea some come in MP4 but others come in MKV which need to be converted. I play via my DVD player.

jeanjeanie
    Participant
    Neophyte

People might want to have a look at britishtvchannels.com Don’t know if it will become established or not, needs small contributions from a certain number of people to remain viable.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

I have just found that I can no longer get any BBC radio either. I used to listen on the computer but I have finished listening to one programme and all the listen now buttons disappeared. This is terrible.

Anybody else experienced this ?

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

I’ve not, but no surprise there!

Try http://www.radio.net

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Well, this post roused a few members from their slumbers! Hi Sunny & Kolo .

Another solution is a WiFi internet radio which gives you access to almost any radio station on the planet. I listen to Radio 2 most of the time, but if you want radio devizes or white horse radio they are all there.

In Athens there must be a good few outlets or you can always rely on Amazon.

:yes:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Have found out that it is my browser Opera that cannot play the BBC. I tried Chrome (YUK) and it works there. Thanks for the other suggestions I will keep them for later. I had heard that the BBC was going to make people sign in so they can restrict use of their site  to people who have a current license only.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

“Yes, you have to pay for it now. I watch it in an EU country. There is a workaround though if you have a desktop or laptop with W10. Go to store, type in FrostWire, install and watch it free in HD too. ”

Details courtesy of a poster on another site! I have no personal experience of it but it might be worth a try?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.