expats and FACTA

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jodevizes 10 months ago.

• Author

ESA
    Participant
    Neophyte

Has anyone been forced to give up their bank/brokerage firms in America due to the FACTA regulation? I’ve just got the boot from mine and have a month to find somewhere else to deposit my fortune (lol). Any suggestions? I tried Edward Jones but they have no license to work here so now I think my only option is to open an account with one of the international banking firms.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Well, first off: welcome to this forum. :bye:

With regards to your question, I’ve never been in a position where I have even started to think about getting involved with a brokerage firm so I don’t really have a clue what you’re on about. :unsure:   :scratch:

But maybe some of our inhabbitants of loftier financial spheres could be of assistance? :unsure:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Not many of them Ian!

….and I also suspect spam but will give the benefit of doubt till we get a response!!

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Well you could always put it in my account. :)

I have heard of this problem, there was a guy born to American parents but has lived in Greece all his life and he has this problem.

I think the richer people are now giving up their American citizenship and buying ones from the tax havens. Some are moving from country to country to keep ahead of the situation.

Here in Athens there are Barclays and HSBC so I am sure their will be offices of American banks who maybe able to help.

Good luck.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.