Expat Teacher Blog

Forums Living in Greece Daily Life Expat Teacher Blog

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

A friend of mine turned up to teach in Greece in 1981. She’s now a writer of English books. She’s begun writing her story from 1981 on her blog and for anyone who’s ever taught English in Greece this is exactly what it was like.

I arrived in GR a few years later in 1986 so find it easy to relate to what she says.

You can start reading her blog here: Village Stories

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Thanks for that…1986 was my first important year there too. It was a heatwave.

sjs – GiH Admin
    Keymaster
    Aristotelic

Thanks for that…1986 was my first important year there too. It was a heatwave.

Wasn’t every year? It felt like it, anyway having arrived from sunny England…  😉

GiH Admin

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I have memories of brief shorts a flimsy top and not much else…and the horrified look of some people I visited whose daughter my age was fully clothed in knee length skirt, long sleeves and stockings. Man she looked hot, and I didn’t give a damn about how brief my attire was. What on earth happened to that happily confident little rebel.

I think it registered 50 degrees in some parts.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Don’t you even remember the grass,Kiwi? B-)   😉  :wacko:   that’s maybe the reason!

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wasnt in the grass brigade. Managed to have fun without the need. :-)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.