EOT License

Forums Living in Greece Property EOT License

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kolofarthos 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

meggsie
    Participant
    Neophyte

I have a holiday home in the Peloponesse which I would like to start renting out. I am trying to get some info re getting an EOT permit. There are various bits of advice online but nothing that tells me how to start the procedure officially. I contacted the GNTO office in Athens by email & they told me to contact the office in Tripoli. But the email for the Tripoli office doesn’t work & the telephone seems permanently engaged. Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can move forward on this? Many thanks.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

As nobody else has yet replied [ I’m sure a knowledgeable member will soon -and I must stress I do not know the answers – ] there was a thread in 2011 here on GIH. It will no doubt be out of date but will give some basic idea of the process requirements. see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4838.

There is quite a bit on the internet, that you may already have seen, [ a simple search produced lots] and a lawyers website article http://www.lawyerkaralla.com/eot-license-for-lease-of-a-villa seems up to date, as far as I know.

However I guess you may just be interested in the practical side of how to go about it? As a suggestion, seeing as you need a plan of the property for rental to go with the application a good start might be to go see the engineer responsible for the original property build to see if he already has a plan you could use (or you might have to pay him/her to produce one). If the engineer has done this sort of activity before to apply for an EOT permit, then that could be a good source of how to go about it.

It does seem complicated and expensive and I guess many just ignore the rules 😳 and put their heads in the sand and take the risk……or spend many a day out with a picnic to Tripoli :(

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

…Or you just rent it out and wait till someone tells you that there are rules to follow, at which point you can look very foreign and nod and speak fast English till they give up and go away. I have friends that just rent their place out….end of story. I reckon if you pay tax on the rents everyone will be happy.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

…Or you just rent it out and wait till someone tells you that there are rules to follow, at which point you can look very foreign and nod and speak fast English till they give up and go away. I have friends that just rent their place out….end of story. I reckon if you pay tax on the rents everyone will be happy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.