Create new topic

Forums Greece is Home Website GIH Website Create new topic

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kolofarthos 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Ah, just found it. Forget I asked :bye:          :yahoo:          if anybody else cannot find it, it is down at the bottom of the forum posts…… :yes:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Where? I just scrolled down to the bottom and ain’t nothin there.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Easy: assuming logged in and at home/forums screen; select forum of interest such as GOM (not the topics within) scroll down to bottom. Space at bottom allows to start a new topic (the title/subject) and post to it (the text space), get similar functionality to a post reply.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

In the new format today, I had a hard time starting a new topic. In fact still can’t figure how.

Can you make it simpler sjs?

Example…a ‘start new topic’ at the top of the board lists that is easy to see. I couldn’t find anything and tagged onto this older thread.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Tis still simple, Kiwi. Just tried it again with no issues…… :scratch:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Am I a cretin? I can’t see the blimmin thing. :unsure:

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Just follow instructions in post 3 above. Post where you cannot proceed in them and perhaps that will find the problem? If possible I will then try and clarify if the steps are not clear enough :good:

brenda
    Participant
    Hoplite

I just tried it on my iPad and my Mac. Found it n both devices.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Found it! So obvious. It must have been some strange glitch in my own device, or…I was accessing it while sjs was working on the site, since I access it when you lot are asleep.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

That’ll be you accessing it most of the time then whilst we snooze……….zzzzzzz 😉

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

I am feeling deprived as I cannot see anywhere the possibility to create a new topic.  Paranoia is beginning to set in.

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

I just followed Kolo’s instructions and there it was as promised.  However I am on my PC so cannot help with hand held thingies ! Keep trying Stella and I’m sure it will all come together.          😕

😎

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Works OK too on Android tablet.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Stella, click on Home/forums then when it opens

click on General Discussions ( for this example) you’ll see all the sub topics…ignore them and

scroll right down to the end until you see the box that you type in. That’s where you enter your new subject, in the subject line, and then you write what you want to say.

Good luck

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Here you are Stella. Read the post above this.  The home/forums button is at the very top of the side bar under Greece is home. Let us know if you manage  to start a new topic.  reb_bravo

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

Hi Kiwi, it is absolutely fiendish and what tiny letters!  Just found it but now too tired to think of anything to post.  Thanks to everybody who helped a rapidly aging non-techie.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Yes I’ve tried to indicate to sjs that his customers are optically challenged geriatrics and can’t see the tiny fonts but he doesn’t listen. He’s probably 35.

He also doesn’t read our COMPLAINTS!

sjs – GiH Admin
      Keymaster
      Aristotelic

Yes I’ve tried to indicate to sjs that his customers are optically challenged geriatrics and can’t see the tiny fonts but he doesn’t listen. He’s probably 35. He also doesn’t read our COMPLAINTS!

One word: GLASSES!

There’s a HUGE box to post stuff in and a GIANT submit button.

GiH Admin

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

OK, keep calm and drink ouzo……….the girls do have a point about size – it does matter! I did post moons ago that the sidebar text is small and the gaps between tight when on a tablet. It was not the priority at the time but it would be useful to have both a bit bigger for the touchy feely screens but it is fine for a pc mooose. Can you tweak it a bit Sean to say x2?

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Hmm and I suppose you think you have GIANT hands and HUGE nose too  :yahoo:

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Some people insist on viewing the forum, complete with sidebar, on a nine inch screen and then the complain it appears so small… :wacko:

Stella
    Participant
    Hoplite

OK, point taken so now I am using a sit up and beg computer and there is no sidebar!!  So am unable to comment on the font size and yes, I am wearing my glasses before I get another crack from some people reb_popo   Incidentally my previous comment which naturally I cannot now find about the submit button was not that I was unable to see it but that on the Ipad it was hard to make it behave.  It offered me options of cutting, pasting and speaking rather than submitting.

Oh, oh, now what do I find, I hang my head in shame, just found that if I reduce the size of the print I suddenly get the sidebar.  I take it all back and will slink back into my corner.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

….and why shouldn’t we wish to be able to use the sidebar on a smaller screen, Ian? :unsure:   There is nothing wrong with the main text area, just asking for the sidebar to be similar and useable on a modern and increasingly popular device that generally works very well with most forums. 😉

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Not saying you shouldn’t have a sidebar :-(

Just saying that if you want to view the forum on a tiny screen it’s to be expected that it will appear to be small. :yes:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Mine is great on landscape. I see the point though if using a phone to access GIH it would be minuscule. I hardly bother to use the phone for Internet. It’s too irritatingly small and not enjoyable.

Stella you are doing fine. You will learn stuff on your tablet by accident all the time and one day it will become second nature. Kudos to you for trying so hard. reb_bravo

Try searching for your posts in the sidebar in the ‘Topics Views List’  there are a number of options  there like.        ‘my active topics’ etc.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Ian, I just wish the sidebar was as big text size as the post text. Nothing to do with being a small screen, they have fantastic resolution so posts are fine….but….the sidebars come out as smaller text (still legible)  but the text therein is relatively smaller and the inter text gaps small making it more difficult to select by touchscreen. Should not be a problem to change it and it would not affect materially display on a PC – I use both so appreciate both. True you didn’t say we shouldn’t have a sidebar (did I only you did?, if so apologies) but there is little point in us having a sidebar more difficult to use than it could be. Not too much to ask, is it?

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Kolo, I have no problem seeing your point but sometimes I just like to be a pedantic ***hole for the fun of it. :whistle:

Of course it’s more fun when people get all wound up about it, you are just too bloody reasonable…  :unsure:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Wahh! Don’t ever get rid of the sidebar.

I do agree with you though kolly. On the blue and with failing eyes. Ant footprints come to mind.

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Me? REASONABLE? WHAT?….. :heart:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.