Car Rental UK

Forums Living in Greece General Discussion Car Rental UK

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kalamater 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

kalamater
    Participant
    Neophyte

I am just investigating car rental for Februaruy trip to UK. It seems that car rental companies there now ask for utility bill / bank statement for ID purposes. I have a UK driving licence but do not have utility bills in my name. Is this something new or has it actually always been thus but is not followed up at pickup ?

neilpph
    Participant
    Neophyte

Hello,

I have just returned from the Uk and all the rental car companies need is your driving licence, if it is a Uk issued license then the paper counterpart in no longer valid as you need to get a code for the rental company to access your information…  you will need to go to https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number   here you can enter you details and it will issue you with a code, take this with you when you pick the car up and they should ask for the code and look up the information…  but I must say the last 3/4 times I have rented all they asked for is my driving license…   hope this helps

kalamater
    Participant
    Neophyte

Thanks neilpph, reassuring (but not actually what it says on their websites) – but the proof of the pudding……….thanks again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.