Brakes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Can someone tell me what driving for 25 minutes at a 100 km can do to the car if one had the handbrake on. It’s an automatic, and I noticed after I took the handbrake off, my foot had to go nearly to the floor to make it brake. Needless to say I was a little scared.

I don’t dare tell Mr Kiwi what I did…but would like to know what damage I could have done and if it’s fixable.

What I don’t understand is, how come it could go so fast with the brake on!

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

You will have glazed the brake pads, boiled the fluid but ask a garage about that may have scoured the disk/drum. You will have to change the pads/shoes I would think at the very least. Good luck

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oooopps! :scratch:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Umm…it was his car. Mines the best car so I use his when I want to shop and have a station wagon to fill with plants etc…plus it’s easy to drive. He loves that car.

Am trying to put it down to natural wear and tear……………? Will the garage guy realise what happened? Do I fess up or shut up? I’ll be hearing about this till I die! So will all his mates.

Obviously the thing was designed by a man. If a woman had designed it there would have been a flashing purple light if the brake was left on!

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

And drumroll ….the garage is owned by whom?

His first cousin. Plop right in the poo.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.