Battle of Kalamata memorial service

Forums Living in Greece Announcements & Media Requests Battle of Kalamata memorial service

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  notready7 4 years ago.

• Author

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

I believe that the battle of Kalamata memorial service is coming up on Tuesday?
    I haven’t seen anything posted about it this year and wonder if anybody knows who is involved this year and what time etc it all begins?
    Any info about what is happening etc would be gratefully received.

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

Hi KP…normal 11am service………………

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

Strewth !! what again already, it doesn’t seem five minutes since the last one 😮

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

@nimbus wrote:

Strewth !! what again already, it doesn’t seem five minutes since the last one 😮

Time flies faster as one becomes older…… :roll:
    I missed the last one anyway, so it seems around 15 minutes to me. :mrgreen:

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

@KP wrote:

@nimbus wrote:

Time flies faster as one becomes older…… :roll:
    I missed the last one anyway, so it seems around 15 minutes to me. :mrgreen:

Well yes you have got it in one there KP, but hey just a thought, why not give the old lamp a swing dust off that old tin hat and give us a blow by blow account of what it was actually like to have been there to witness and take part in the actual event, I am sure many of our younger members would like read a first hand account.

:mrgreen:

KP
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Oh dear nimbus, clearly my subtlety is wasted…. please don’t make me have to explain my previous post as, like a good gag, it loses something when needing to be explained! :))

Translation of post for those for whom the subtlety was too subtle:
    Nimbus said that it seems like 5 minutes….. I said that it only felt like 15 minutes to me…. :roll:

yachtmati
    Participant
    Neophyte

maybe someone can take a few pics and post them here for us not going?

nimbus
    Participant
    Homeric

Yes that would be good, how about it KP? why not post up a few of those that you took with your old box brownie at the time :mrgreen:

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

PUBLIC INVITE from the Mayor…..

headBattle Kal remembrance 2013 invite.jpg[/attachment:g7nyw63q]

kolofarthos
    Participant
    Homeric

Wow! You got a personal invite,Grocer?

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

@kolofarthos wrote:

Wow! You got a personal invite,Grocer?

NO, NO…it was an open invitation on Messini News………
    note my comment (Public invite)

The Grocer
    Participant
    Oracle

the reiver
    Participant
    Oracle

Well, I think I was the only forum member there !

Took a few photos which is difficult because of the media and the enclosed area with people milling about. Hopefully I can post them some time this week.

8)

yachtmati
    Participant
    Neophyte

well i checked the video and considering how it was promoted heavily here i am not convinced yet. maybe some more photos might assist.

notready7
    Participant
    Neophyte

I am glad I found this post as it gives me something to do next Tuesday.
    Is there anywhere else to check for events in Kalamata, specially with expats?

Yes, I am a new to the forum and to Kalamata.

Any help will be appreciated! Kids, no kids, it doesn’t matter – any event will do at this point :)

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

@notready7 wrote:

I am glad I found this post as it gives me something to do next Tuesday.
    Is there anywhere else to check for events in Kalamata, specially with expats?

Yes, I am a new to the forum and to Kalamata.

Any help will be appreciated! Kids, no kids, it doesn’t matter – any event will do at this point :)

Unless you posted this weeks ago and it took our magnificent leader a bit of time to ensure you’re a bona-fide forum member (welcome, by the way) before he decided your post was publishable on this equally magnificent forum: you’re about three weeks late! The memorial was on May 14th. :( :(

notready7
    Participant
    Neophyte

Ha ha ha ha – no worries
    Next year perhaps 😉

Very fitting either way

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.