Are the gas fittings the same?

Forums Dealing with Greece Practicalities Are the gas fittings the same?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jodevizes 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

I am bringing a gas cooker from the UK and would like to know if the fittings are the same and if not what size converter will I need?

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

Cannot help you there. :unsure:

Out here we don’t have natural gas. We use propane and that required a modification in the hob we brought (easily done if you don’t have two left hands). :whistle:

From what I’ve seen in available material I’d say the fittings are the same as in the Netherlands but that doesn’t tell you a thing about how they compare to those in the UK. :scratch:

(after all the Brits are fond of using theire own standards, incompattible with the ones the rest of Europe has :wacko:  look at the electrical plugs and things) :whistle:

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Don’t I know it. Had to buy a load of conversion plugs. Kettle leads I am OK though. Oh, whilst I am on it, what is the electrics like? Is there many power spikes? I guess in Athens it should be stable but I will fit power surge extensions.

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

We’ve had a few power drops out here in the sticks but they’re few and far between (and usually don’t last longer than 5 to 10 minutes).

I have yet to experience the first power surge (after 7 years here).

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

That’s comforting to know. Many thanks.]

The Grocer..
    Participant
    Neophyte

Our experience of power outages and surges in the Peloponnese are very different from Ians´s.  Short “blips” in power are quite common, on average once / twice a month but when they do happen there tends to be three-four in a row within a few hours .  I certainly would not run a computer without UPS.

Again outages for around 1/2 a day three-four times a year, apart from those caused by storms…..

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Thanks Mogman, I have some for the computers but I think I’ll get one for the TV and stuff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.