Alcohol consumption

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Sancho the Fat
    Participant
    Neophyte

sundodger
    Participant
    Homeric

I’ll drink to that !  :yahoo:    Just remember… Drinking Rum before 10.00 am does not make you an alcoholic … It makes you a PIRATE 😀

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

Everything in moderation I say.

They are really pounding the cancer alcohol drum lately.  I love my Retsina or a cold beer in summer, no more than a glass. I reckon that should be well under the limit.

jodevizes
    Participant
    Oracle

Reminds me of the cartoon that had two old men in wheelchairs looking out of the window of an old folks home. One is saying, Just think if we hadn’t given up booze and fags we’d have missed all this.

Enough said.

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

With the Big Crash, food will be more important than booze so it will be self regulating. Mind you, how many old Greeks have you spoken to that drink a glass or two of Tsipouro a day and swear that’s the secret to their longevity. I’d say most Cretans swear by this.

Lets not forget the medicinal side of things. Mr kiwi has one hand that is very shaky . No neurological reason found and the doctor then advised a small glass of red wine when it happens.

Amazing, it works like a charm, trembling stops!

Ian
    Participant
    Homeric

With the Big Crash, food will be more important than booze so it will be self regulating. Mind you, how many old Greeks have you spoken to that drink a glass or two of Tsipouro a day and swear that’s the secret to their longevity. I’d say most Cretans swear by this. Lets not forget the medicinal side of things. Mr kiwi has one hand that is very shaky . No neurological reason found and the doctor then advised a small glass of red wine when it happens. Amazing, it works like a charm, trembling stops!

Then again, by the time he’s brought the small glass to his lips it’s already empty… :whistle:

kiwi
    Participant
    Aristotelic

:yahoo: haha never thought of that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.